Reintegration of the automatic OSD display as optional option

Hyp3rD

Hello, I would like to suggest the reintegration of the automatic OSD display when starting videos.  Since its demise, I find that the interface has lost a lot of its appeal.  I know this has been removed as a result of user requests, so I suggest this be a selectable option in the "playback" settings of the user profiles or somewhere else as needed.  The OSD being already developed and showed automatically in the past, which I am sure was appreciated by others, I sincerely hope to revisit this possibility in a optional way.  It can be turned off by default if that's what you think is best, as long as an option is available.  Thank you for considering my request and for the work you do!

• Like 3

People there who use it always complain about that. Sometimes, a bad manip skip 30s forward or showing the chapters, so people prefer to not touch the remote when the playback is lunched and finally, never seen the OSD. Some people doesn’t know that it’s exist before I show it and they say “Wow!”. And honestly, I know that OSD exist, but it’s a little bit irritating to click each time or when the episode change automatically so I finish to not manually show it. If it’s was optional option, I will let it always on.

Thank @Luke for taking time to ask it. I hope that I had explained it correctly, English is not my first language...

Edited by Hyp3rD
  • Like 1

Just to be clear, I speak for the app like AndroidTV and iOS in my case. If you talk about the web player, I can understand your questioning, it’s more easy and practical when you have mouse nearby, but, it’s can be a problem if you use it connected to a tv and you are sit at 10 feet... 

crusher11
13 hours ago, Hyp3rD said:

People there who use it always complain about that. Sometimes, a bad manip skip 30s forward or showing the chapters, so people prefer to not touch the remote when the playback is lunched and finally, never seen the OSD. Some people doesn’t know that it’s exist before I show it and they say “Wow!”. And honestly, I know that OSD exist, but it’s a little bit irritating to click each time or when the episode change automatically so I finish to not manually show it. If it’s was optional option, I will let it always on.

Thank @Luke for taking time to ask it. I hope that I had explained it correctly, English is not my first language...

But why do you need to see the OSD? 

55 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

But why do you need to see the OSD? 

Question of look, like the choose of the theme or other options for this that we have in Emby. If you ask me “if’s essential for the playback, I can’t say yes, but, as a example, the next up fonction isn’t a essential option for Emby but it’s appreciated... Like the theme fonction, advanced info on the home screen, etc...

Edited by Hyp3rD

3 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Well those are definitely all words.

Can you expand slightly, English is not my first language and I am not sure I fully understand the meaning of this expression. Thanks