multi disc album display

procyon

I am new to using Emby for my audio (been using for video for years), having just moved away from sub/airsonic apps.

I have my multi disc album tracks tagged with their disc numbers and Emby was doing a fine job listing them as such.

However after removing then re-creating the library on a new server, those albums simply show a flat listing of tracks by number corresponding to the file names which are :

01 - 01  - track name

01 - 02 - track name

02 - 01 - track name

02 - 01 - track name

All files for the multi disc albums are in a single directory.

Do I need to separate these by directory to have Emby display them like it did before. Essentially, it seems it is displaying filenames over metadata.

Edited by procyon

Happy2Play

Sorry can you show a screen shot of your issue.

Assuming tagged correctly they should show like this.  Only issue is Disc 1 is listed first but is missing that label

291254680_multidisc.thumb.jpg.0836ce31e2649491a4854866f70d548c.jpg

Happy2Play

That would suggest the media is not tagged at all and it is trying to use folder and file names.

I assure you it was tagged. Musicbrainz release and artist information was even set on the server to be double certain.  However, being that I was having problems playing these files, I downloaded them new from  a better source, set the directories by disc number, tagged more carefully, and all is well again with them.

Hi, it looks like you have the disc number as part of the track title, but your files aren't actually using the embedded metadata field for the disc number. Can you please look into this?