Episodes not identified using TVDB

gillmacca01

gillmacca01

I have just reset Emby (running latest beta version), including removing nfo files, and now I am finding some episodes are not being identified, although the episodes are on TVDB

Here is just one example:

Star Trek The Next Generation - 1x15 - 11001001 (this is the way I have it named)

TVDB: https://thetvdb.com/series/star-trek-the-next-generation/episodes/46522

Metadata is not being retrieved, inspecting the nfo file, no data is in there

Tried, 'Search for Missing Metadata', 'Replace All Metadata' and have also tried a library scan (TV Series level and full) and also identify tv series

The TVDBID, I manually added to see if it would help

All other episodes in this series are being identified correctly

I have attached latest server log and nfo file

embyserver.txt Star Trek The Next Generation - 1x15 - 11001001.nfo

Edited by gillmacca01

GrimReaper

And the other episodes that metadata was not fetched, can you see any pattern in filenames? 

Did you try renaming this single episode to some other naming convention (SxxExx, for example), just to check whether it'll be identified properly? 

In your (mostly empty) nfo, episode TVDBID (46523) is different than the actual one (46522)?

Also, date added is actually that Episode title, in YYYY-MM-DD, you might try deleting just that part of filename and rescan, see what happens? 

Cheers

Happy2Play

@Luke The episode is not parsed correctly with that file name.   Dropping the episode name to Star Trek The Next Generation - 1x15 work but not Star Trek The Next Generation - 1x15 - 11001001 (in my tests). 

yea episodes with numbers like that in the filename will always be tricky. I would just correct the season and episode numbers for it manually and then refresh the metadata on it.

Deathsquirrel

For reference, \TV\Star Trek the Next Generation\Season 01\Star Trek The Next Generation S01E15 11001001.mkv identified without issue.

Happy2Play

Yes the episode number does not get parsed properly with that specific naming scheme above.  As I get no episode number in metadata as shown in episode nfo in first post.