A nicer looking home screen?

NJ RadioGuy

NJ RadioGuy

Hi all,

So far my installation of MB-C is working solidly but I'd like to jazz it up a little at the launch screen. I use the Classic theme and for the most part it's serviceable and, in fact, I like how it displays coverflow for movies, TV shows and so on. But on the main screen, it's downright boring. In MB-2 I had a nice still image that appeared on the left side when "movies" was highlighted at the bottom, another for home movies, TV series and so on. Here's what I'm getting now, and frankly it's dull. I'd love to get those icons or custom .jpg images back for collections. I know I didn't delete them (although they may be tricky to find); I just can't figure out where to set them.

Here's a screengrab and you'll see what I'm talking about. Any ideas?

Thanks!

53d42f6f9eb20_MCCscreengrab1.jpg

yardameus

I'm pretty sure that you can store them where you want, and then just go into the web client metadata manager, and select each category and upload an image.   53d4370b16d6f_Capture9.jpg

• Like 1

NJ RadioGuy

OK, that seems to have worked; THANKS!

Another related question, though. How do I change the order of my views? I have HOME MOVIES, MOVIES, MUSIC, TV series showing, in that order. I'd like to re-order them so TV is first, then movies, then home video then music.

Redshirt

In the same editor, change the sort name. That name isn't displayed and you can precede it one numbers to get the order you want.

Edited by Redshirt
  • Like 2

Redshirt

Wow it's surprising to see how outdated those images in the kb are. It's only been 8-12 months since they were taken. Although the images are outdated the workflow is still pretty much the same.

• Like 2

NJ RadioGuy

OK, got the re-order part down pat but I'm having a real devil of a time understanding 6A/6B, and the whole "collections" thing. From that link, go to message number 2.

I tried to make a collection of ANIMATED but now find (a) I can't browse for titles, only do and actual search on a specific title, and (B) I can't delete a collection. How can I just browse through all my titles and pick-and-choose which ones go in which collections?