Random shuffle play in iOS app

Indomitabl

Indomitabl

I love Emby as my media server, and watch movies via the server every day.

What I would also like to do is sync/download SOME of my music to my iphone so that I can enjoy it wherever I go via my excellent portable speaker and./or headphones.

So downloading went well, and I liked how my Flac files got converted to 320K as requested.

Two questions:

1. Why am I asked to choose a bit rate when downloading from the server - I have already set the quality at 320Kbps

2. If I navigate to my downloaded songs on my phone I can't seem to run a random playlist. I hit the shuffle button and nothing happens, even if I am in the same room as the server, let alone miles away.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Indomitabl

1. Why am I asked to choose a bit rate when downloading from the server - I have already set the quality at 320Kbps

Did this happen from inside the iOS app? What exactly did you click download on?

2. If I navigate to my downloaded songs on my phone I can't seem to run a random playlist. I hit the shuffle button and nothing happens, even if I am in the same room as the server, let alone miles away.

We're looking into improving this. Thanks for reporting.

Indomitabl

Hi Luke

Yes. in the iOS app. To recreate I chose music from Home, then tapped on an album, tapped and held on a song and choose Download To...

I notice now that choosing Download seems to bypass this and works if I am on the device I want the song on!

Can't wait for the Shuffle fix and it is my  only sticking point at the moment!

Thanks

IMG_1078.jpg

Edited by Indomitabl
Added screenshot