Library access

AlphardvB

AlphardvB

Goodmorning,

For weeks EMBY worked on my Raspi4, and all of a sudden (or how you say it) it doesnt work anymore. In the car this morning when I drove to work I was able to connect to my music library and listen to some music, and now I am at work and try to connect and it says that the server doesnt exist anymore.

So I opened a webbrowser, filled in the server adress and now I have to do the seup again. No problem at all, but when I would like to add a library I can see the maps I would like to add (/mnt/MM/Movies)but when I woult like to confirm by pressing OK it says "There was an error adding the media path. Please ensure the path is valid and the Emby Server process has access to that location".

Nothing has changed in the settings of my raspi, so no changes in the permissions or whatsoever. What could be wrong? I would like to figure out as soon as possible because within 10hrs from now I have to sign up in the hospital for several days.

I hope to hear from you guys soon.

With kind regards,

Alphard

mastrmind11
4 hours ago, AlphardvB said:

Goodmorning,

For weeks EMBY worked on my Raspi4, and all of a sudden (or how you say it) it doesnt work anymore. In the car this morning when I drove to work I was able to connect to my music library and listen to some music, and now I am at work and try to connect and it says that the server doesnt exist anymore.

So I opened a webbrowser, filled in the server adress and now I have to do the seup again. No problem at all, but when I would like to add a library I can see the maps I would like to add (/mnt/MM/Movies)but when I woult like to confirm by pressing OK it says "There was an error adding the media path. Please ensure the path is valid and the Emby Server process has access to that location".

Nothing has changed in the settings of my raspi, so no changes in the permissions or whatsoever. What could be wrong? I would like to figure out as soon as possible because within 10hrs from now I have to sign up in the hospital for several days.

I hope to hear from you guys soon.

With kind regards,

Alphard

Even if "nothing changed", double check your permissions on the mounts.  This sounds like exactly that.

mark-in-dallas

If I recall correctly there were ACL permissions set on one or more directories previously and once I removed them the libraries began working fine.  I am relatively sure that you didn't intentionally set ACL permissions before, yet somehow they were there.  Check folder permissions and if you see a + sign at the end for any of the directories run this command:

setfacl -bn <directory name>
Edited by mark-in-dallas

• 3 weeks later...
AlphardvB

Hey Luke,

it all works at the moment. 

Now I am installing everything again, but I'm trying to download Emby. it takes forever. 19kbps. where a couple of days ago I downloaded it with 20mbps. So thats the only problem I have at the moment