Transkodierungen

mrshonig
Go to solution Solved by mrhonig,

mrshonig

Servus!

Habe zur Zeit ein wenig probleme wegen dem Transkodieren, verstehe das auch nicht ganz genau. 

Wenn ich eine Datei abspiele die durch Emby transkodiert werden muss ruckelt das bild und es spielt das video nicht richtig ab. (Android TV)

Wenn ich diese datei aber mit dem NovaPlayer vom Emby server abspiele läuft das video ohne Probleme. Warum? 

Warum muss Emby transkodieren obwohl der Fernseh die datei ohne probleme abspielen kann?

Happy2Play

Was zeigen die Nerd-Statistiken während der Medienwiedergabe?

Bitte poste das Server- und ffmpeg-Protokoll für den gespielten Gegenstand.

What does the Nerd Stats show during media playback?

Please post server and ffmpeg log for item being played.

pünktchen

AVI Dateien werden bei Emby grundsätzlich transcodiert. Die gehen dabei aber von h263 bzw. mpeg4 als Videocodec aus. Eine AVI mit h264 wie bei dir ist eher ungewöhnlich und leider schafft das dein Prozessor nicht. Eigentlich würde ein reiner Containerwechsel bei deinem Videocodec ausreichen, aber damit hat bei Emby wohl keiner mit gerechnet @softworkz Lösung in deinem Fall, mux die Datei selber in eine MKV.

mrshonig

Ja bin schon dabei, werde jetzt alle AVI dateien in MKV umwandeln sind ja nur 252 dateien 😄

MKV dateien müssen aber nie Transkodiert werden oder? 

pünktchen
6 minutes ago, mrshonig said:

MKV dateien müssen aber nie Transkodiert werden oder?

Für die Wiedergabe im Browser schon, sonst nicht. Aber normalerweise findet dann wirklich nur ein Containerwechsel (Remux) statt, außer du hast PGS Subs.

Edited by pünktchen

mrshonig

ich schaue meistens über Android TV, habe aber nur bei diesen containern probleme und auch nur bei abspielen über EMBY: 

itle1080p H264
CodecH264
Codec TagH264
AVCNein
ProfilConstrained Baseline
Level41
Auflösung1920x1080
Seitenverhältnis16:9
AnamorphNein
InterlacedNein
Bildrate25
Bitrate3.996 kbps
Bit-Tiefe8 bit
Pixelformatyuv420p
Referenz-Frames1
NAL0

Audio

TitleAC3 5.1
CodecAC3
Darstellung5.1
Kanäle6 ch
Bitrate384 kbps
Sample-Rate48.000 Hz
StandardNein
Container:avi

Medieninformationen

Video

Title1080p H264
CodecH264
Codec TagH264
AVCNein
ProfilConstrained Baseline
Level40
Auflösung1916x1040
Seitenverhältnis479:260
InterlacedNein
Bildrate23,976
Bitrate3.954 kbps
Primärfarbenbt709
Farbraumbt709
Farbtransferbt709
Bit-Tiefe8 bit
Pixelformatyuv420p
Referenz-Frames1
NAL0

Audio

TitleAC3 5.1
CodecAC3
Darstellung5.1
Kanäle6 ch
Bitrate448 kbps
Sample-Rate48.000 Hz
StandardNein
Containeravi
Pfad/volume1/media/Movies/Men in Black II (2002)/Men In Black 2- 2002- HD.avi
Größe2782MB

Bei MKV dateien habe ich überhaupt keine Probleme, sei es Apple TV, Android TV, Smartphone usw. 

pünktchen

Das habe ich ja oben schon versucht zu erklären. Der Exoplayer, der z.B. in der Emby AndroidTV app verwendet wird, unterstützt gar keine AVI-Dateien.
Also muss der Container gewechselt werden. In dem Fall zu einem HLS-Stream mit TS-Container. Der TS-Container unterstützt aber keinen H263 Videocodec der normalerweise bei einer AVI verwendet wird (davon geht Emby jedenfalls aus). Deswegen wird zu H264 transkodiert. Das deine AVI ja schon den H264 Videocodec hat und deswegen die Transkodierung gar nicht notwendig wäre, ist halt ein Fehler von Emby.

• Like 1

AVI is a file format for local use, not for streaming.

You might have seen situations where you experience a significant delay when opening an AVI file that resides on a network folder.
This happens due to the fact that the AVI format expects a client application to have random access to any position in the file. On playback start, a client typically tries to seek to the end of the AVI because that's where the seek-index located (not always, depends on a number of factors). The seek index tells at which byte position a certain timeline position is located (specifically, the nearest key-frame to that position). 

With MKV, it's a bit better, because it can reserve some space for the index at the beginning of the file and write it there upon completion.

Though, In most cases, Emby streams to client via HLS, where the video is cut into segments. Those segments should be independent from each other, to allow random access, and to be independent, we need to have at least one keyframe in each segment (typically 3s). When we don't know the source video (it could have a keyframe only every 30s), it can happen that we transcode even H.264 to H.264, just to ensure the keyframe frequency.

mrshonig
On 10/27/2020 at 6:24 AM, Luke said:

Great, thanks !

Hey, I just downloaded and installed the emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk.

Now it plays the video without transcoding, but too fast and the sound doesn't match at all. so you can't see it at all.

A pity

10 hours ago, mrshonig said:

Hey, I just downloaded and installed the emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk.

Now it plays the video without transcoding, but too fast and the sound doesn't match at all. So you can't see it at all.

A pity

Is it an avi that you played?

Exactly the same one I posted above. I have tested several but is not possible. It plays the file too fast and the sound is not correct at all... Is unbeatable.  Avi h264

We must not forget that H.264 in AVI is completely off-spec.

The next thing is that it doesn't allow referencing future data in the contained streams.

This becomes a problem when B-frames are being used for encoding the H.264 video stream. These problems existed already with MP4 (Part 2) video, that's why DivX and XVID came up with some hacks to still use this inside AVI. Those hacks are pretty well supported, but for H.264 it's less common. 
Those hacks work basically in a way that multiple frames that are referencing each other are packed into a single one. When the player cannot deal with the hack, it might only see a single frame per "frames package". That would explain why you see the video playing very quickly. 

Bottom line:

1. As I mentioned above already: AVI is not a suitable format for streaming (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_container_formats)
  2. H.264 in AVI is off-spec and not well supported

The problem with AVI containers is:

• There are many variants and combinations of AVI files:
    • One user might have 100 AVIs that work
    • Another user could 100 AVIs (different AVI variants) that don't work
  • And there are many different player implementations - each having different capabilities

=> It's a lottery game (there are more problems with AVI files that I didn't cover)

So, I think we should be careful about declaring a player as "can play AVI". At least the combination of AVI+H.264 should be excluded I guess.

• Solution

So wie Sie es erklärt haben, verstehe ich es sehr gut. Ich denke, Sie haben Recht, also habe ich alle avi Dateien zu MKV konvertiert.

Nur die Arbeit, sie jetzt zu ersetzen, ist ein bisschen komplex, aber in Der Zukunft werde ich natürlich zuerst AVI-Dateien konvertieren und dann 😄

Danke vielmals

The way you explained it, I do it very well. I think you are right, I also converted all avi files to MKV.

Just the work of replacing them now is a bit complex, but in the future of course I will convert avi files and then 😄

Many thanks

Edited by mrhonig