Are you still watching not working

QuarkZ

Hello,

I use the latest version of Emby and we often watch stuff when going to bed. I run everything off of Chrome. I checked that the option is enabled there too, but the playback never stops. Yesterday for example, my wife started watching around 8PM and it didn't stop until 5.30AM

Am I missing something? Not sure if it's a compatibility issue or something else. I've never seen the are you still watching prompt.

Hi, it works just fine but you need to be completely idle for a few hours before it will kick in. Any move of the mouse or press of a button will set the timer back to zero.

On 10/24/2020 at 10:42 AM, QuarkZ said:

Hello,

I use the latest version of Emby and we often watch stuff when going to bed. I run everything off of Chrome. I checked that the option is enabled there too, but the playback never stops. Yesterday for example, my wife started watching around 8PM and it didn't stop until 5.30AM

Am I missing something? Not sure if it's a compatibility issue or something else. I've never seen the are you still watching prompt.

What specifically were you watching?

Does the computer go to sleep?

On 10/25/2020 at 12:37 PM, cayars said:

What specifically were you watching?

Does the computer go to sleep?

I was watching Family guy episodes on a laptop, using Chrome. The computer doesn't go to sleep since the videos keep playing. I usually end up waking up in the middle of the night and stop it myself, even though it should have stopped long ago.

On 10/28/2020 at 10:34 AM, QuarkZ said:

I was watching Family guy episodes on a laptop, using Chrome. The computer doesn't go to sleep since the videos keep playing. I usually end up waking up in the middle of the night and stop it myself, even though it should have stopped long ago.

How long was it idle for without any movement of the mouse or pressing of any buttons?

1 hour ago, Luke said:

How long was it idle for without any movement of the mouse or pressing of any buttons?

I've seen it go for 4 to 6 hours, looking at the logs, before I eventually wake up and turn it off myself. I know there's no movement as I set the laptop and from there it's not touched at all. It has never stopped by itself, I always had to stop it and even though sometimes my wife goes to bed several hours before me, when I go to bed, even 3 hours later, it's still running.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll give it another test but I haven't been able to reproduce. The key thing to remember is that any user input such as a touch of the mouse or key press will restart the timer.