PlayOn Plug-in Issues

Pais
Go to solution Solved by snazy2000,

saitoh183

Well i have been testing the plugin before release and here is what i did to set it up.

first i setup playon. make sure i had the latest version and setup the mobile section

53d3b594db0c9_playoon_mobile.jpg

I also had to forward port 54479

Then i installed the plugin in MBS and set the IP in the config of the plugin to my server where playon is installed.

Everything worked like a charm

• Like 1

Pais

Then i installed the plugin in MBS and set the IP in the config of the plugin to my server where playon is installed.

If I'm understanding properly you have MSB and the PlayOn server on different machines, is that correct? I have both on the same machine. Perhaps that's causing issues?

I tried following your steps and it's still not working for me.

saitoh183

no they are still on the same machine...also i forward the port 57331. I also have a second MBS on my table and it works also. Even if both playon and mbs are on the same server i put the server ip and not the loopback ip(127.0.0.1)

Pais

I've done the following:

• Enabled Mobile Access within the PlayOn server using UPnP to automatically configure router
  • UPnP opened port 57331 on the router
  • Manually opened port 54479 on the router per saitoh183's prior post
  • Changed the PlayOn IP address from 127.0.0.1 to 192.168.1.100 (the server IP address)
  • Uninstalled the PlayOn plug-in
  • Reinstalled the PlayOn plug-in

At this point, the phantom channel entry for PlayOn: server_name has disappeared, but I still get no media listed for any of the PlayOn channels.

Just to see if I understand you guys both installed version 1.0.0.1 of the plugin first and this caused the problem? I mean you installed that version and ran it before the playon server was configured correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jvtm

mini__me

I note you mentioned about clearing a cache so also went and removed what I believed to be some folders and json files that had appeared to be created on running the plugin which made no difference in my case.

• Solution
snazy2000

I should have now fixed the issue i realised id not taken out old piece of code which was stopping the inside channels showing lol Sorry guys! Let me know how things go now ! version 1.0.0.4

• Like 2

mini__me

Working here as well, few issues. It's not playing to iOS web browser and appears to cause MBC to stop responding when browsing. However playback works fine in MBC controlled through browser. Will post logs later. Excellent work :)

snazy2000

Yes it's usually playon server that changes things but there's not alot can be done about that I'm affraid. Sometimes when they push an update it also causes 404 errors u till cache has been cleared becuase they remove certain items

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

mini__me

Having some more issues today after the server update, although looking at the logs I think it's actually more likely to be PlayOn themselves, as I'm getting a 404.

Anyone else having problems today?

ServerLog.rtf

mini__me

Thanks for the reply, is there some way that the cache can be rebuilt in the background periodically, or maybe a refresh button? As I was unable to play items that I know are there as I can record them with playlater, I could browse to some of them, but on hitting play nothing happened.

I'll capture some more logs today hopefully, unless magic has occurred and it's fixed itself :)

Edited by mini__me

mini__me

Just went to replicate and had a server update pending to Version 3.0.5322.30777.

Made the mistake of updating before trying to replicate and all working fine again now :)

Could have been the server update, could have been PlayOn...won't know unless it happens again, which hopefully it won't :)

mini__me

Ok cool, will monitor the situation, as I say working perfectly this morning though. Hopefully a one off glitch with either server / playon issue.

Very very cool plugin :)

Edited by mini__me
  • Like 1

Logos302

Is there anyway to trigger a refresh of the data? as I added a couple of plug-in to playon and they still haven't shown up, as well as I have removed a couple of "channels" yet they still show up.

Bear on the job

Moving my issue from this thread to here:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/8291-playon-integration-aka-netflix-and-hulu-on-mb/page-3

I'm having a similar issue to what was described here. I have MBS v3.0.5309.26857, PlayOn v3.9.21.8826, PlayOn plug-in v1.0.0.4. I installed the plugin from the MBS catalog, went to the channels page in the web-interface, and selected PlayOn. But the PlayOn channel page shows 0-0 items. It doesn't even show the provider items (like CBS, ABC, etc). The PlayOn root is empty.

Came back to the forums here and saw that I needed to configure the PlayOn IP address, so went into the MBS settings, configured it to 127.0.0.1 (PlayOn server is installed on same machine as MBS) and tried again, but still same issue. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plug-in multiple times, and restarting MBS, but no help. Other devices on the network (Xbox 360 and separate PC) can see the PlayOn server and browse the DLNA directories. 

Any suggestions?

Edited by Bear on the job

snazy2000

Ive implemented a "cache key" inside of the config. This is an experimental option and only needs to be changed if you start getting 404 errors or other issues if that doesn't work then its most likely going to be a PlayOn issue. All instructions are inside the config for Playon plugin (version 1.0.0.6)

LASooner

I'm watching ESPN live through mediabrowser using the playon channel, this is pretty frickin awesome!

• Like 2