Thought on Community Forum Organization

BAlGaInTl

BAlGaInTl

I posted a help topic today in Home > Emby Server > Linux, and it got me to thinking.

I feel that the Emby community has grown enough to reconsider the way that subforum is organized.

It makes sense that FreeBSD and Linux are separated into two different subforums.  What doesn't make sense are the pinned topics in those forums.  I think that the topics for distros that are pinned have gotten too big and aren't really that useful.

Would it make more sense to unpin those topics and instead move to a system of "tagging" new posts with the distro (e.g., Ubuntu, Arch, Docker, OMV, Unraid, etc.) instead? Isn't that a feature of the new forum software?

There could be other subforums where this could be implemented as well.

BAlGaInTl
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, it might make sense, yes. But they do contain install instructions which are helpful 

Pinning install instructions makes sense.

I created a new topic for my issue because I felt that even though the Docker pinned comment may have been the best place, it's become a bit unwieldy.  

Just for fun, I went back and added appropriate tags just to see how it worked.

My initial guess is that had I posted in the Docker pinned topic... it wouldn't have gotten @Luke's speedy response. :)