Issues playing/seeking/resuming program while recording is in progress

bubba_nuts

SteveFintel

Since this behavior is observable on multiple PCs under Windows 10 and 11, and multiple versions of Emby server is it really necessary to submit logs? I think if the devs just try it, they'll be able to replicate this behavior immediately.

22 hours ago, Sammy said:

Oh sorry..

I started a recording then exited to the main screen, waited a minute or so and then went to the guide to tune to the channel but when I selected the channel I was not greeted with the choice to Play from Beginning or Play Live, selections I know were there before. Additionally, the active recording does not show up on the main screen or in the Recordings section under LiveTV even though I selected to show Active Recordings on the Main Screen.

Okay, that feature only exists in the Android TV app at this time but it relies on the recording existing in the server and it appears it doesn't yet for you:

22 hours ago, Sammy said:

Additionally, the active recording does not show up on the main screen

Once that shows up, the feature would be available to the app.

Sammy

Thanks, @ebr!

Typically how long must one wait for it to show up? I am probably wrong but it seemed almost instantaneous before.

Sammy

@ebr Just tried again to no avail. I waited about 10 minutes.

New AndroidTV Log sent just now. User TVTime

Attached Server and hardware detection logs but there was no transcode log to attach this time.

Something's BROKEN!

hardware_detection-63815674264.txtembyserver (63).txt

It shows recording in the Channels Page but not as an Active Recording on the Home Page or Recordings Page in the server. It doesn't show on the Server Dashboard either.

image.png.651d6afac144c929320acfa12ef23146.png

image.thumb.png.257825dee24a3b70b11c8cec4b6750f5.png

image.thumb.png.f165eeb5a2e3a0eae333995cf497dec1.png

image.thumb.png.d1968ea8518e49ff5b4a88db29e5026a.png

image.thumb.png.11d4878b68ed0357c6e277398acd177f.png

Sammy

Progress in .27!

The Recording in Progress shows up on the Home Screen in the Chrome Browser (Haven't checked other apps yet).

The Recording in Progress is "Seekable and Pausable".

Playing from the On Now Strip or Guide starts from the live position with no option to start from the beginning of the recording. Playback here is forward seekable but not backward seekable beyond where the Live Playback started regardless if the recording started earlier.

The Time Bar in the active recording starts from 0:00 rather than the system clock time of the Server (EDIT) [I]when the recording started.[/i]

Edited by Sammy
  • Like 1

Right - as far as playing from the beginning, this is all about the recording showing up in the server. Until that happens, the app will have no knowledge of it.

In any app other than Android TV, if you want to play from the beginning, play the recording, not the channel.

Sammy
12 minutes ago, ebr said:

Right - as far as playing from the beginning, this is all about the recording showing up in the server. Until that happens, the app will have no knowledge of it.

In any app other than Android TV, if you want to play from the beginning, play the recording, not the channel.

I'll check out the server to make sure it shows there then check from the Guide in the AndroidTV app.

Also note my edit above Re: Time Bar in the active recording.

SteveFintel
13 minutes ago, ebr said:

Is there any reason that behavior is limited to Android TV? If I launch a recording in process from Android TV from either On Now or Recordings, I see a Play from beginning button. On Emby for Web or Emby for Windows Desktop, I don't.

Sammy
1 hour ago, ebr said:

That worked but I got an Unable to Load Subtitle error. I tried turning CC's off and on again to no avail.

AndroidTV Log Sent just now. User Name is TVTime.

Attached are server log, transcode logs and hardware detection log.

hardware_detection-63815758200.txtffmpeg-transcode-315c0ec1-40dd-4eb7-bac3-ff7e003729c9_1.txtffmpeg-remux-32367408-524b-4473-8ea6-b14b79854666_1.txtffmpeg-transcode-8aacf188-35dd-49b9-91a3-132c3167712b_1.txtembyserver (64).txt

Sammy
51 minutes ago, SteveFintel said:

Is there any reason that behavior is limited to Android TV? If I launch a recording in process from Android TV from either On Now or Recordings, I see a Play from beginning button. On Emby for Web or Emby for Windows Desktop, I don't.

Because the coding isn't done yet.

Sammy

Keep in mind that Emby has two full time developers and one ad hoc developer, AFAIK. It takes time for things to get done sometimes but they're always working on it and responsive in the forums to issues too. IDK how they do it actually.

SteveFintel

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. The team has taken on a project of tremendous scope. There are multiple ports of emby-server (on vastly different OS bases) and I have yet to find a device that doesn't have some version of Emby client software available. I've found workarounds for most of the issues I've encountered. It would help (me at least) to see a roadmap for where the team is headed.

1 hour ago, Sammy said:

Keep in mind that Emby has two full time developers and one ad hoc developer, AFAIK. It takes time for things to get done sometimes but they're always working on it and responsive in the forums to issues too. IDK how they do it actually.

Hasn't been two developers in a long time!

Sammy
1 minute ago, cayars said:

Hasn't been two developers in a long time!

Tells you what I know!

Care to share? A range even?

Sammy

Are you counting the third party developers too? I figured most of them worked on plugins mainly but there's only a few working on the core.

We have developers that we keep out of the forum just so that they can focus on getting things done.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Sammy

Seems .29 has broken this again.

Probably not. I think it was a network error where my shield wasn't talking to my server to know the recording was occurring.

Edited by Sammy

SteveFintel

.29 has definitely regressed for me. On web and Emby Theater for Windows, I can skip the first 30 seconds, but if I watch the program for a few minutes and then try to skip, the picture just freezes - even after waiting 20-30 seconds.

Sammy
33 minutes ago, SteveFintel said:

.29 has definitely regressed for me. On web and Emby Theater for Windows, I can skip the first 30 seconds, but if I watch the program for a few minutes and then try to skip, the picture just freezes - even after waiting 20-30 seconds.

Logs?

• Like 1