Copy and Paste for Theater like anyother app

MediaMogal

MediaMogal

I was going to use theater to setup my collects, but there is no copy or paste. When I go into the actual server I can copy The collection title, go down, identify and paste to search, same with select the files and creating a collection, just past the name of the collection. In theater I have to type out everything. This is time consuming. Is there anyway in a future update of getting copy and paste for Theater? Thanks

MediaMogal

Thanks @Luke but unless I'm missing another setting somewhere please see my screenshot for my settings.

mJwRC8w.png

Edited by MediaMogal
Image too small

sooty234
31 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, it's only in tv display mode that you can't select text and copy.

So it's deliberately not allowed? This has been an annoyance for a long time. The app is on a PC, there should be no difference just because it's in TV mode. That's ridiculous! Just because you've decided the primary control is a remote shouldn't negate the basic function of a computer. It's one of the main reasons I use a computer instead of a streaming device. I want the function of computer. I have the app in a window very often. Let it function correctly.

MediaMogal

To be honest reminds me of the kind of stunt Plex likes to pull when they're trying to force users to do things only their way.

1 hour ago, MediaMogal said:

Thanks @Luke but unless I'm missing another setting somewhere please see my screenshot for my settings.

mJwRC8w.png

It should work just fine in desktop display mode. Can you please describe the issue in more detail? Steps to reproduce?

57 minutes ago, sooty234 said:

So it's deliberately not allowed? This has been an annoyance for a long time. The app is on a PC, there should be no difference just because it's in TV mode. That's ridiculous! Just because you've decided the primary control is a remote shouldn't negate the basic function of a computer. It's one of the main reasons I use a computer instead of a streaming device. I want the function of computer. I have the app in a window very often. Let it function correctly.

It's not that simple. When we allow it in tv mode, then we get issue reports of accidentally highlighting text and that's not something you normally want to see happen in a tv app.

MediaMogal

Sure. I launched Theater, went to movie series, clicked folders, selected a folder, high-lited the series title, attempted to rightclick and copy and no rightclick menu. Then in a series where there were movies that weren't picked up correctly I tried to copy and paste the name under identify and not able to.

Ok yes there won't be a standard right click menu because we're overriding that with the app's context menu. You'll have to just use keyboard shortcuts to copy.

MediaMogal
26 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok yes there won't be a standard right click menu because we're overriding that with the app's context menu. You'll have to just use keyboard shortcuts to copy.

I hope that this is something they plan to fix in future releases. Cause the statement that some might high-lite more than what they want doesn't really wash, since all one has to do is find a blank spot and simply click to unhigh-lite everything. Thanks for taking the time though, that's much appreciated.

1 hour ago, sooty234 said:

Not being able to use standard mouse functions is just silly. 

Again tv mode is designed to mimic a 10ft tv experience. One doesn't need to use a mouse to highlight text on roku, Android TV, etc, so it's the same thing here. Desktop layout mode is what is designed for desktop usage.

sooty234
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Again tv mode is designed to mimic a 10ft tv experience. One doesn't need to use a mouse to highlight text on roku, Android TV, etc, so it's the same thing here. Desktop layout mode is what is designed for desktop usage.

I understand the emby logic, but I don't agree with it. And to compare a PC to Roku and Android TV is offensive.

• Haha 1