Thumbnails for videos?

DJX

Hi

When I browse the videos, there are no thumbnails so it's hard to see what I'm looking for. It is possible to have thumbnails created automatically for them all? I clicked "Thumb" as the view option but it doesn't seem to do anything. Possibly because the videos have none. They are videos all taken on my mobile phone.

Happy2Play

Can you provide an example unless this is a specific client issue.  Emby will use a backdrop if no landscape image is available.

EDIT: Apologies, I should have searched harder instead of posting last night.

Manage to resolve this by enabling Screen Grabber in Library settings and refreshing the metadata for the directories of mine. Now working on webapp and Android.

Edited by DJX

Please note this is enabled by default, so you would have had to turn this off in order to not be getting these.

6 hours ago, Luke said:

Please note this is enabled by default, so you would have had to turn this off in order to not be getting these.

I recall unticking many options when I setup the library because all of my content is home photos and video.

Didnt realise that some of them have an affect like this. Thought they were grabbing metadata/covers for films etc! My bad!