Losing connection to server when it's been connected for awhile

Luke

Speck13

Hey all,

For whatever reason, my connection to the media browser server drops and I have to restart it.  Let me give you a little background on my setup.

I host my media on my PC.  I've also setup a port forward through my firewall to access my Media Browser library externally.  This works most of the time.  But for whatever reason, it will lose connection to the server; usually by the end of the day if I power up my PC in the morning.

I know this because I use my iPhone to connect to the Media Browser library externally and it will work for most of the day and I will be unable to connect to the server by late afternoon/evening.  A quick fix is to restart the Media Browser server or close it down and open it back up on my PC.  However, if I'm out and want to watch something at a friend's house and my MB server is down, I'm screwed.

I'd like it to maintain its connection to the server if possible to avoid potential issues.  This may or may not be a Media Browser server issue at all but wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this or may know what may be going on here.

Thanks,

Speck

for those of you running the dev server, please try the new build that just went up. thanks.

for those of you running the dev server, please try the new build that just went up. thanks.

Anyone with feedback? If we can get this resolved I'll push out a bug fix release. Thanks.

above1

I switched over to the DEV server yesterday evening.  I left ROKU up on the MB client overnight and this morning no issues with connecting to the MB server over the webclient.   It's responding normally so far.

above1

Edited by above1
  • Like 1

I switched over to the DEV server yesterday evening.  I left ROKU up on the MB client overnight and this morning no issues with connecting to the MB server over the webclient.   It's responding normally so far.

above1

Excellent, thanks.

above1

Day two and no issues with the DEV build and server losing connection.   So I think it has been fixed.

Would this fix be included in the update I just applied?  I'm on beta 3.0.5321.35225.