HDR Windows APP/Desktop

Nyder

I'm a bit confused, on the Android app on my Sony TV it triggers HDR, but it doesn't do lossless audio.

So I got the Windows 10 App/Desktop client. (Is there any benefit to one over the other?)
And they doesn't trigger HDR but supports lossless audio.

Am I supposed to turn on HDR manually
Thanks,
"
Nyd

sooty234
36 minutes ago, Nyder said:

Am I supposed to turn on HDR manually?

TL/DR

Yes

More explanation.

Assuming you are using the Theater app from the emby website, yes, you will need to run Windows 10 in HDR mode. Microsoft has pretty much killed 'auto switching'. Nvidia has sorta gotten around this by writing an API that toggles that setting on and off. All this does is switch between the sRGB Windows swapchain colorspace and the PQ (SMPTE 2084) swapchain colorspace. mpv (the chosen internal player) is a command line media player. It is very configurable. You can create auto-profiles to correctly map the colors of bt.709 to bt.2020, easily. The better option is to set the colorspace at runtime. This is not yet possible, but is planned for future development. The primary difference between the two, is the gamma (which is not extreme and easily compensated for). If you choose to take this path, I can write a config for you. But I will need to know what GPU you have, and how it is configured.