Transfer Emby of a new DS418? It is possible?

lemmi

Hallo, wieder mal zu umfangreich für mein Englisch.

Also ich habe zwei DS am start. Diese sollen durch eine neue DS418 ersetzt werden. Die Platten gehen mit rüber.

In Emby habe ich mit viel viel Aufwand jede Menge Filmeinträge berichtig. Schade wäre es, wenn dies alles umsonst wäre.

In den Ordnern legt Emby die .nfo ab.

Frage: Sofern ich diese Ordnerstruktur komplett wieder auf die neue DS kopiere (Umweg über exterde HDD´s), kann ich irgendwie Emby mir rüber nehmen oder muss ich alles neu einlesen und noch mal per Hand berichtigen?

Problem die beiden alten DS sind Raid 0, die neue soll dann auf SHR laufen. Ich muss aber in Etappen rüber kopieren, da ich so viel freie Externe Kapazitäten nicht habe.

(Wer hat die schon 😉 )

Also, Umzug ist angesagt.

Ich schätze, in 8 Tagen sollte die neue Kiste hier sein.

Gruß

Lemmi

----------------------------------------------------------

google Translate ....

Hello, again too extensive for my English.

So I have two DS at the start. These are to be replaced by a new DS418. The plates go over with.

In Emby, I spent a lot of time correcting a lot of film entries. It would be a shame if all of this were in vain.

Emby stores the .nfo in the folders.

Question: If I copy this folder structure completely back to the new DS (detour via external HDDs), can I somehow take Emby over or do I have to read everything in again and correct it again by hand?

Problem the two old DS are Raid 0, the new one should then run on SHR. But I have to copy over in stages because I don't have that much free external capacity.

(Who has that already 😉)

So, moving is announced.

I think the new box should be here in 8 days.

greeting

Lemmi

FrostByte

You should also store your artwork in the media folders and use the backup plugin to save user data, playlists, system configuration, etc.

However, I'm pretty sure you're going to have to reinstall Emby server on the new NAS, restore your backup, and scan the media again.  The only way to "move" the install of server over would be to do a "HDD Migration", but I don't think you're going to be able to do that by the sounds of what you're trying to do

https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/General_Setup/How_to_migrate_between_Synology_NAS_DSM_6_0_and_later