Hide itempath and Dashboard "ui Hints Bar"

Rowlett

Hi,

would it be possible you could add the ability to hide the ui "hints" bar (no biggy just be nice to have the option and keep the look clean) and also itempath please. itempath functionality is already there by the looks of things just need something GUI side. (tick box?)

...Media-Server\System\dashboard-ui\scripts\itemdetailpage.js

line 269 on Version 3.0.5031.21343

if (item.Path) {
            $('.itemPath', page).show().html('Path:  ' + '<span style="font-size:13px;">' + item.Path + '</span>');
        } else {
            $('.itemPath', page).hide();
        }

• Like 1

Sorry yeah thats what i meant in the original post - not remove but option to hide, could put option in metadata advanced or maybe user profiles like the rating and forced sub - dunno what would be best or easiest for you guys to implement.

Starkadius

What if the path and ui hints is something that should be visible to only accounts that can manage the server since regular users dont really need to know that kind of information in my opinion. As Luke said, maybe have this as an option.

CBers

Isn't it only people who have the "Allow this user to manage the server" permission that get to see the administration page?

Starkadius

Isn't it only people who have the "Allow this user to manage the server" permission that get to see the administration page?

Yes but the ui hints bar and the item path is visible to all users and not just the admin. For us power users or those with OCD that information is very much needed (I want to be able to see this information) but for the rest of my family they dont need to. Just a thought.

CWNashvegas

For us power users or those with OCD that information is very much needed (I want to be able to see this information) but for the rest of my family they dont need to. Just a thought.

Ironically, my OCD wants the option to hide them. :) I wasn't going to actually request it, but since someone else already did, "me too". 

Settings are unlikely to happen right now due to the amount of time they require. 

But if there's a better default, we can look at changing that. Perhaps we can take the path off of the detail page since it can always be seen on the edit page.