movie not being added to collection

Vidman

Vidman

i have the movie Thor: Ragnorok in my movie library that refuses to be added to my existing Thor collection. running emby 4.5.1 on freenas. or any collection in fact

Edited by Vidman
extra info

MediaMogal

I just launched Emby, went to my Movie Series library, selected folders, selected Marvel Universe Series, clicked the three dots on the bottom right corner of Thor Ragnorok, selected identify,  enter thor and 2017 and selected Thor: Ragnorok and it updated just fine. Now mine for this series are numbered in the release order then the title and year(18. Thor Ragnarok 2017). Now for this series only 13 out of 22 were correctly identified by Emby and I'll have to manually do the rest like I did Ragnorok, but that I'm sure is because of the way I have them named.

Riggs

Seems there's a bug with the collections @Luke  I did a report around two weeks.

You have to:

1. Scan you library files.

2. Refresh files for missing content only.

2.2 Optional you can do the same with the "collections library" into the Libraries first.

3. Final step: Go to the Settings-->Plugins-->Auto Box Sets and Open and Clik on: Refresh Movie sets

IF you do no t do all this steps, the collections do not do the refresh.

HOWEVER, sometimes this do not work...

So... Bug :P

Shidapu

I have the exact same issue. No Biggie, but I can't be bothered to do it manually, so I just tell people to search the movie. :)

14 hours ago, Vidman said:

Thor ragnorok metadata

Screenshot_20201008-061126_Emby.jpg

Does the external id on the collection match that?

Mine has the exact same ID on the movie. Mine was added to my Thor Collection automatically by AutoBox Plugin.

Vidman
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Does the external id on the collection match that?

yes it does, but even so Thor Ragnorok can not be manually added with the add to collection menu option to any collection either

Screenshot_20201009-042820_Emby.jpg

You could try deleting the collection and manually creating it yourself.

Vidman

it seems the issue is with the Thor ragnorok movie not the collection, for reasons already mentioned

On 10/9/2020 at 4:49 AM, cayars said:

You could try deleting the collection and manually creating it yourself.

Vidman
22 hours ago, Luke said:

Have you checked the contents of that collection xml file for anything that might not look right?

i have not, for reasons already mentioned that the issue is with the Thor ragnorok movie, not the collection

PenkethBoy

as reported many months ago - is this not a hangover from an older database version that had diff types for multi version movies vs the primary movie and not deleting them from the database when the "primary" movie was deleted or changed name etc

this i believe is now fixed but lots of db will have this issue and why it comes up on a reasonably regular basis.

to fix it you would have to edit the db directly - which is only really for advanced users - or luke could write a fix to modify a db?

Vidman
3 hours ago, Luke said:

If you delete the collection and then create it again, is there still an issue?

see my answer above

Vidman
3 hours ago, PenkethBoy said:

as reported many months ago - is this not a hangover from an older database version that had diff types for multi version movies vs the primary movie and not deleting them from the database when the "primary" movie was deleted or changed name etc

this i believe is now fixed but lots of db will have this issue and why it comes up on a reasonably regular basis.

to fix it you would have to edit the db directly - which is only really for advanced users - or luke could write a fix to modify a db?

this sounds about right,  i did have multiple versions of Thor ragnorok 

• Like 1

Vidman
On 10/12/2020 at 11:31 PM, PenkethBoy said:

so only solution is directly modifying the library db?

PenkethBoy

You have three options - in reducing complexity

1 Directly modding the db - complex and fiddly to do - very easy to mess up - i did it this way as i had hundreds of files that were "corrupted" by rouge entries that were left behind where a file had a multi version at some point - i did it this way because i did not want to nuke the library/db and start again - way too much work invested over time to do this. I'm not going to explain the way to do it as unless you are familiar with db, sql and how the emby db is setup and the implications of doing stuff in the wrong order - you are going to almost always stuff up and it would be a long convoluted post - that i dont want "ambitious" users trying it and then complaining it broke their db.

2 You have the option of selectively removing a library > let emby delete all the entries for it > do a full lib scan after its deleted the library - let each fully complete otherwise you will have orphaned entries and have more of a mess - so be patient especially if you have a large library. Once thats done recreate the library - and let emby do its thing to completion - watched statuses will return etc - then try creating a new collection with files that did not add before - and they will now. Effectively you have created a "new" db for the library without the issue and the problem should not come back - unless Luke messes around again!

3. Nuke whole library and start again as the issue has been fixed in new versions of emby - or at least 4.6.0.2 from some very limited testing. But with the obvious downside of time and lost modifications to metadata etc etc

I would go with option 2!

@cayars- Carlo the basis of another tips & tricks KB article.

Hope you can keep up :)

• Thanks 1

For now we're going to keep the official KB area focused strictly on features of the software and for documentation of existing features.

PenkethBoy

well your call but dont see why as the bug is in potentially thousands of installs and needs a work around until Luke does something to fix it

Vidman
4 hours ago, PenkethBoy said:

1 Directly modding the db - complex and fiddly to do - very easy to mess up - i did it this way as i had hundreds of files that were "corrupted" by rouge entries that were left behind where a file had a multi version at some point - i did it this way because i did not want to nuke the library/db and start again - way too much work invested over time to do this. I'm not going to explain the way to do it as unless you are familiar with db, sql and how the emby db is setup and the implications of doing stuff in the wrong order - you are going to almost always stuff up and it would be a long convoluted post - that i dont want "ambitious" users trying it and then complaining it broke their db.

2 You have the option of selectively removing a library > let emby delete all the entries for it > do a full lib scan after its deleted the library - let each fully complete otherwise you will have orphaned entries and have more of a mess - so be patient especially if you have a large library. Once thats done recreate the library - and let emby do its thing to completion - watched statuses will return etc - then try creating a new collection with files that did not add before - and they will now. Effectively you have created a "new" db for the library without the issue and the problem should not come back - unless Luke messes around again!

3. Nuke whole library and start again as the issue has been fixed in new versions of emby - or at least 4.6.0.2 from some very limited testing. But with the obvious downside of time and lost modifications to metadata etc etc

Thanks for the detailed explanation. yes none of the options are ideal, especially with a fairly large and long established library, I'll have to spend a bit more time and thought on issue it seems.

Vidman
On 10/15/2020 at 1:18 PM, PenkethBoy said:

@Luke can you confirm that there has been some fix in 4.6.0.2 that may resolve this mentioned library bug

Edited by Vidman
typo