Missing subtitle

satellietje
Go to solution Solved by dansblackcat,

satellietje

I've been using Emby on an MCE for years. I have movies in MKV and they have subtitles in them. For a while I don't know exactly when I run out of subtitles when playing an MKV. It may be because I switched from Windows 7 MCE to Windows 10 MCE but I'm not sure.

I also do not have the option to choose the subtitle track, I think it used to be under the (i) key on the remote.

When I play the film in Emby on the PC myself, I do have subtitles.

Settings in Emby server Config, Subtitle Default Dutch, Always on.

After months of searching, I hope someone has the solution.

How can I make sure I have subtitles again?

satellietje

Hi Luke, it's not about changing Emby doesn't play subtitles at all in MKV Files, previously it worked.

I am using MCE for Emby and Kodi. Thanks to MCE everything can be operated with the remote control.
If I can start and operate Kodi from Emby Theater, I would leave MCE immediately.

We'd have to go over an example, but remember that all we're doing is passing the video to the Windows Media Center video player. It is not an Emby-built video player, and it's also not supported by Microsoft on Windows 10.

Hi.  If I remember correctly (been a long time) you had to install some extra components in order to support subs in mkv...

• Solution
dansblackcat

I've always installed Shark007 codec pack to get subtitles to work in MCE. 

You might have to have a hunt around for an older version as I think shark has discontinued live tv support in MCE.

• Like 1