Non-USB method of installing Samsung app?

Autofocus

Autofocus

One of our Samsung TVs is mounted high on a wall.  Getting a USB stick into is a two-man two-ladder job.  Is there some way to install the app over the network, e.g., SSH, TFTP or the like?

SamES

No, USB is the only way.  Can you attach a short USB extension cable and leave it plugged into the back of the TV?

FrostByte

If you don't live in a region which has he app in the store you could also change the region on your TV to US, UK, or Ireland.  Once you do that all your apps have to come from the new region though

Autofocus

32 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

If you don't live in a region which has he app in the store you could also change the region on your TV to US, UK, or Ireland.  Once you do that all your apps have to come from the new region though

The US app store has Emby but it's an old version v1.0.77.  I need the latest v1.0.85 which has important guide fixes.  

I may have to use a USB extension, good idea. I could bring it to the back edge of the TV.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Autofocus
18 hours ago, SamES said:

Have you tried the US app store today?

Well this is awesome, I just did, and it pulled down v1.0.83.  Saved me a big chore... Thank you very much!

• Like 1