Manual Library Refresh Button in ET

PrincessClevage

PrincessClevage

Hi There,

Might it be an easy task to add a button into Theater App to allow manual refresh of individual library's. this would help those of us that have their emby server and client on the same HTPC and have setup balanced power plan to enable low power state when not in use which seems to cause Emby server not to pickup on changes to Library's (within 10 min period that i have observed). Adding an option to display a refresh button per library or overall for use with a remote control would be greatly appreciated.

sooty234
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Where are you looking?

Everywhere I could think of. There's nothing in the library. If I look in the settings, server --> library, you can only scan all libraries. I looked through various other settings/options, found no way to scan a single library.

sooty234
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Have you tried right clicking on a library?

You missed what the request was.

17 hours ago, PrincessClevage said:

Adding an option to display a refresh button per library or overall for use with a remote control would be greatly appreciated.

for use with a remote control, make sure the menu button on your remote control maps to the windows menu or contextmenu command,. or control-d.

sooty234
1 hour ago, Luke said:

for use with a remote control, make sure the menu button on your remote control maps to the windows menu or contextmenu command,. or control-d.

ctrl+D works beautifully. Thank you 

PrincessClevage

Do you mean that Ctrl+d from the below emby theatre view will refresh the imax library? Or have to enter into the movies tile then ctrl+d?

Edited by PrincessClevage

Sorry it's not available on the horizontal home screen right now, although it would make sense. 

But try it on a selected poster.

PrincessClevage

Ctrl +d on a tile brings up an action menu which I can navigate to the bottom selection of scan library, a bit long path but don’t have to do it often so is suitable. Thanks 

• 2 months later...
PrincessClevage
On 10/8/2020 at 7:11 PM, PrincessClevage said:

Ctrl +d on a tile brings up an action menu which I can navigate to the bottom selection of scan library, a bit long path but don’t have to do it often so is suitable. Thanks 

Hi Luke,

with the latest ET release this method no longer is available and does not bring up an action menu. Might it be possible to add the functionality back please?

PrincessClevage
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Not available where ?

In ET horizontal mode Ctrl+d on main library poster use to have scan library option but no longer displays any action menu

6 hours ago, Luke said:

Not available where ?

In ET horizontal mode Ctrl+d on main library poster use to have scan library option but no longer displays any action menu

Edited by PrincessClevage

PrincessClevage
2 hours ago, Luke said:

what library poster exactly?

Action menu used to be available from the suggestion poster ( 1 poster above the bottom left most poster for each library ) 

sooty234

If it were my choice, we should be able access the library menu from the tab. That would be the most logical and easiest way.

PrincessClevage
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Do you mean the big spotlight poster?

Yes spotlight poster in horizontal view

• 1 year later...
ArtMetz

Related enhancement request: I use NextPVR for my live recordings, sometimes I partially watch a recording in progress from Emby Theater (morning news). It would be nice to have a "Refresh" button like the Roku app has to update the recording duration prior to pressing play or resume. Leaving the recording to refresh the library requires a lot of steps when I'm only concerned with the one recording.

For example, the morning news will show as 6m duration, when actually its 30-40 minutes in. I scheduled a second library refresh timer, but that hasn't really helped.

• Thanks 1