Crashing on Xbox One X

markle88

markle88

Emby Theater on Xbox one x started crashing today. Version 1.1.315.70. Started crashing with some videos after updating today. 

Let me know if there is further info I can provide.

markle88

When starting out resuming a video. I can't find any commonality between the videos that are crashing the app. But some videos will play fine. Others cause the crash.

bret1958

a dts - ma issue emby and plex crash at same point usually at a scene change 2 minutes into .. Jurassic world:Fallen Kindom is a good example 1.48 min into play very time both emby and plex most major titles 1080p

Pukerud

Is this beeing looked into? Same issue startet to happen to me now to. Think Emby app on xbox got upgraded yesterday? Some movies I play now crash the app. Some movies play if I turn off subtitles. It all worked perfect on friday :( 

FrostByte

No. I just played two movies for 30+ minutes with no problems.  One was 1080p AC3 and the other was 4K DD+ with Atmos and ASS subtitle.  Neither crashed.  

Is there any more details we can get on what exactly is being played?

FrostByte

I just played another with dts for about 10 mins and it didn't crash, though it is streaming.  

daschmee12

This issue is occurring for me too.  I turned off subtitles and it stopped for now. I have an original Xbox one console.

Edited by daschmee12

daschmee12

When I turned subtitles back on it crashed again. Emby please investigate, as many ppl pay you for this app

Edited by daschmee12

FrostByte
52 minutes ago, daschmee12 said:

When I turned subtitles back on it crashed again. Emby please investigate, as many ppl pay you for this app

I haven't reproduced this but I did see something in the crash logs we get from Microsoft so I pushed an update to resolve that. Thanks.

Please let us know if this helps. I know it's early but so far I'm not seeing any crash reports from 1.1.317. Thanks.

Nathanael

Is there an update of the op in the store? As version 1.1.317.70 still has the issue.

When the subtitles are enabled, there is a 90 to 100% crash on most of my files. sometimes the same files do play but crash when i stop the playback and resume again.
When i disable subtitles there is not a single crash.

Strange thing is, that the crash is only on my Xbox one S. I also have a Xbox one X but this one does not crash.

Pukerud

I will test again later today, at work now. I encountered this error on My Xbox one X. Works fine to play the same video in a chrome browser on mobile and another computer.

If I get the same error after updating I will upload logs from the machine running Emby Server.

Tested now. On my Xbox one X it is not crashing anymore. Same file now and others are working, both whit and whiteout subtitles.

Edited by Pukerud

5 hours ago, Pukerud said:

Tested now. On my Xbox one X it is not crashing anymore. Same file now and others are working, both whit and whiteout subtitles.

Thanks for the feedback !

6 hours ago, Nathanael said:

Is there an update of the op in the store? As version 1.1.317.70 still has the issue.

Hi, you're positive you're on 1.1.317? So far in our MS dev console it's looking pretty clean at the moment in terms of crash reports. I am checking it pretty frequently though just in case anything comes up.

markle88

Sorry I haven't had a chance to get the log Luke. But I did test one of the videos today that was previously crashing the app. Seems to be resolved with no issues. I'll keep testing with other videos and let you know if there are any issues. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, markle88 said:

Sorry I haven't had a chance to get the log Luke. But I did test one of the videos today that was previously crashing the app. Seems to be resolved with no issues. I'll keep testing with other videos and let you know if there are any issues. Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the feedback !

Nathanael

Yes i already was on  1.1.317.70.

I have reinstalled the app (same version) to be safe from the app store. It seems the issue is fixed!