Yet another permissions issue with the update...

Ikario

Ikario

Version: 4.5.1.0

Synology DS2415+

So I had no issues with Emby before updating.  I get my movies from Sonarr/Radarr (docker containers) and using NZBGet/Transmission (also docker containers).  They all share one user and group (docker/dockermedia). After downloading, Radarr moves the file to another folder. (/media/video/Movies and /mediavideo/TV)  I realized that things downloaded after the update would get added to the library, but you I wasn't able to play them using my Nvidia Shield, browser or any other platform.  Stuff downloaded before the update would play just fine.

I narrowed it down to a permissions issue:  can't really remember what permissions did the previous embysvr user had, but what I found out is that the new user emby does not have any file permissions at all to the downloaded file.  I gave Emby RW access to my shared folder /media and all subfolders, however, it won't give RW permissions to the specific mkv files for some reason 

So, as an example:

I download Zathura using Radarr and NZBGet.  Radarr moves the file to the folder /media/video/Movies/Zathura A Space Adventure (2005)/Zathura A Space Adventure (2005) - [REMUX-1080P][DTS-HD MA 5.1][AVC]-HD.mkv

Emby finds the file, and downloads ALL the metadata.  Emby has RW permissions to the  media/video/Movies/Zathura A Space Adventure (2005)/ and ALL the files in the folder except the mkv.  Pictures below:
1) Permissions for the Zathura mkv file, no emby permission.

1603163704_ScreenShot2020-10-02at11_55_44PM.thumb.png.d933df2d5272bf0080e5259df657f855.png

2)Permissions for an srt file:

918763106_ScreenShot2020-10-02at11_55_27PM.thumb.png.1ae82be4de08edaf36059b8b312a0aa6.png

3)Permissions for my folder

1242313381_ScreenShot2020-10-02at11_55_06PM.thumb.png.5e151d8c471d6e8f378832e6b247ffef.png

So to recap: When the Zathura FOLDER is created, it is created with emby RW permission.  When the file is linked/moved to that folder though, it does not have the inherited permissions.  Fixing those permissions (giving Zathura...mkv RW permissions to Emby) makes the file playable again). So yeah, I'm kinda bummed and don't like when apps mess around with my permissions. It was working great before this and know it is not.  For every movie I download I have to now fix manually that specific file's permission for it to work.  

Is there a way to fix this? Why was it working  before the update and now it isn't?