Live TV keeps pausing for like 5 seconds at a time randomly

sross44

sross44

While watching live TV it kept pausing every few minutes for like 5 seconds at a time after watching for a bit. Not to long. I had changed channels and it was doing it on every channel. I had to restart the emby server for it to stop happening... that's really unfortunate when I have programs recording. Any ideas on what to do? 

Log is attached. Emby Server is up to date on a Windows machine. The player was an Apple TV 4k and I was using the MPV player.  Thanks in advance! 

embyserver (1).txt

sross44

@ebr how do I see where that is? Also, is it possible to change it to a different drive if it's getting full like that. I didn't think anything was transcoding though as it said direct play? 

sross44

Actually found it (under transcoding) and created a folder on my D drive (8TB) of basically empty space. Hopefully this helps! Anything else you could suggest? I’ll see if this helps. Thanks for the suggestion. 

2 hours ago, sross44 said:

Actually found it (under transcoding) and created a folder on my D drive (8TB) of basically empty space. Hopefully this helps! Anything else you could suggest? I’ll see if this helps. Thanks for the suggestion. 

That was just a hunch.  Let us know if it has an impact.

Thanks.

sross44

So far so good... but really have just turned on live TV. I will say I have one other issue though that I'm not sure if it's something that I can figure out.

On my local channels (setup via M3U with Locast).... when playing them it looks jittery. Not sure if that makes sense or how to describe it. But stuttery, jittery, something like that. Only the local channels are doing that. Everything else looks solid. Any thoughts?

Oh, attached is the log to help if needed.embyserver (2).txt

sross44

@Luke Every time. If I turn off the MPV player it works perfectly for those channels. But they take forever to load. So it's a back and forth on the MPV player. Looking forward to the new MPV player and seeing if that helps at all 

Ok, our next app update will have an updated mpv version, so we'll see if that helps. thanks.

• Like 1