Can't start MBC - Invalid Application

vanleeuwen

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but this error has just started occurring for me - when I try to open MBC I get an "invalid application" error, and the same event in the event viewer (included below)

It's happening in MBC 3.0.217.0, with server 3.0.5390.25829 (Windows 7). The most recent page appears when I load the app in Media Center, defaulting to TV, but no media appears - it crashes maybe half a second later. If I time it just right I can click OK on the remote and load up the list of shows - once I'm there everything works fine, it's just the most recent page on load that seems to crash.

There are no errors in the log file - the last entries are all Info messages for "Worker thread for Newest Item Loader". The only error seems to be in the Event Viewer (and obviously the on screen error!)

Would anyone have any ideas?

----

Exception System.InvalidOperationException: Error evaluating path 'Item.PhysicalParent.ItemTypeString'. The 'PhysicalParent' member on 'MediaBrowser.Library.Item' returned 'null' and evaluation could not continue.

at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ObjectPath.Get(Object instance, Int32 idxStart, Int32 nCount, Boolean fErrorOnNullReturn, Boolean fThrowOnError)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Equality.Evaluate(IRulesHost rulesHost)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Template.RuleCollection.Update(IRulesHost rulesHost)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Template.ViewBlueprint.Build(Object objContext, Object objRoot)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Host.OnPreInitialize()
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker()
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.DeliverInitializations()
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.ImplementUiTask(UiTask task, Object param)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiZone.ProcessUiTask(UiTask task, Object param)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiSession.ProcessInitialization()
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition)
   at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args)

Your error is different from this one.  The "Invalid Application" message is the blanket error you get when anything goes wrong that causes a shutdown.  Best to start a new thread and post a full MBC log as well.  Thanks.

blade005

Your error is different from this one.  The "Invalid Application" message is the blanket error you get when anything goes wrong that causes a shutdown.  Best to start a new thread and post a full MBC log as well.  Thanks.

ebr,

I have recently begun getting the same INVALID APPLICATION error, but only for one of my Library collections. The collection I have set up for my DVR recordings (WTV Files) throws up this error anytime I try to enter. All other collections work fine.  If I turn off the EHS screen, I can enter the DVR recordings collection with no problems. I can use the Web Client or Android app to cast to any items in this collection and play them just fine. The only issue seems to be at the EHS screen.

ebr,

I have recently begun getting the same INVALID APPLICATION error, but only for one of my Library collections. The collection I have set up for my DVR recordings (WTV Files) throws up this error anytime I try to enter. All other collections work fine.  If I turn off the EHS screen, I can enter the DVR recordings collection with no problems. I can use the Web Client or Android app to cast to any items in this collection and play them just fine. The only issue seems to be at the EHS screen.

:)