Extra Collections Being Generated

nuke11

Running on a DS916+, Emby version 4.5.0.50, with Auto Box Sets 1.2.5.0.

Installed the new version last week without incident, everything has been running smoothly. Starting tonight for some reason it created a new collection library that points to the previous one that has been working for a few years. It also just started to not gathering 2 new movies in my movies library into a collection as well (confirmed the metadata has the same collection ID).

Attached is a picture of the 3 collections that are no being displayed. The 2 orange colored ones are the new ones that where created tonight.

I've not added any new plugins for months now and restarted the Synology, uninstalled/installed the auto box set plugin, deleted the 2 extra collections and after it performed an automatic media scan the 2 libraries are back, with no new collection created.

Emby-Libraries.png

Edited by nuke11

Opera_of_Death

I have the exact same problem. I get 2 new collections every time my scheduled media scan runs. I hope you can fix the problem soon. I need to hide them from the Home Screen. If I delete them I will loose the original collection. 

MediaMogal

Uninstalling AutoBox doesn't remove the data it created. I tested it out and in the end decided it wasn't for me. After I uninstalled it I ended up having to remove the collections, and my Movie series libraries and adding the movie series library back to get things the way I wanted them again. 

@Luke

Found this error in the log

*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.5.0.50
Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
Operating system: Linux version 3.10.105 (root@build4) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25426 SMP Wed Jul 8 03:12:51 CST 2020
Framework: .NET Core 3.1.7
OS/Process: x64/x64
Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 4
Data path: /volume1/Emby
Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections'.
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init()
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.RefreshMetadata(MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: System.IO.FileSystem
TargetSite: IntPtr CreateDirectoryHandle(System.String, Boolean)
2020-09-28 10:14:47.948 Error BaseItem: Error refreshing owned items for /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections

Just now, nuke11 said:

@Luke

Found this error in the log

*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.5.0.50
Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
Operating system: Linux version 3.10.105 (root@build4) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25426 SMP Wed Jul 8 03:12:51 CST 2020
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections'.
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.RefreshMetadata(MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
2020-09-28 10:14:47.948 Error BaseItem: Error refreshing owned items for /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections

Please attach the complete emby server log. thanks.

I'll send it directly to you as I haven't gone thru the entire log yet to make sure there isn't any sensitive information that shouldn't be publicly disclosed.

Message sent with log.

Edited by nuke11

@Luke

Just updated to 4.5.1 with a complete restart of the NAS, the event log has more errors and a new collections library was created and new errors are in the log file. Do you want a copy of the log file?

archmajor1

Some additional info in case it's helpful...new collections libraries are also being created when manually trying to create a new collection.  I used the Add to Collection option by right-clicking on a movie, selecting New Collection, entering a name, and then it sits and spins indefinitely (I left the room for 30 minutes and it was still spinning upon my return).  Have tried it 4 times, and now have 4 new Collections libraries all showing the same contents, but only the original showing the thumbnail image.

Just updated to 4.5.1 on Synology DS1817+ this morning and did a complete NAS restart afterward.

Capture.JPG

nuke11

@Luke@ebr

Upgraded to 4.5.2, the issue for the extra collections is still occurring.

Here are the errors that are in the log file.

I have not changed any permissions or changed the emby server account in any fashion.

2020-10-08 13:01:34.006 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.2.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk
	System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at MovieDb.MovieDbSeriesProvider.GetMetadata(SeriesInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: MovieDb
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2020-10-08 13:01:34.226 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/95597?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=credits,images,keywords,external_ids,videos,content_ratings&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
2020-10-08 13:01:34.250 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk
	System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at MovieDb.MovieDbSeriesProvider.GetMetadata(SeriesInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: MovieDb
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2020-10-08 13:01:49.658 Error BaseItem: Error refreshing owned items for /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections
	*** Error Report ***

Can you try removing the collections and camera uploads libraries from emby library setup? Then once it's gone and you've run a full library scan, then try creating a new collection. Please see if that helps. thanks.

4 hours ago, majorsl said:

Same. I'm up to 5 Collections folders...

In my case the error is related to not being able to access part of the path in the collections folder, so I get an extra collection folder created once it runs into this pathing issue. I can delete the extra collections folder with no ill effects.

In your case you will need to look at the log to see what it says, it maybe the same issue or something different.

17 hours ago, Luke said:

Did you try what I suggested?

Yes. I don't have a camera upload library. I deleted the collections library, ran a full scan of all libraries then used auto box sets to recreate all of the collections.

It seems to be working now, but about 80% of the collections where duplicated with another collection being created with the same name, but most of the collections showed a graphic but needed to be manually updated with a graphic. I deleted the duplicates.

Thank you for the suggestion it seems to have corrected the pathing issue. I've started to delete all of the collections data /volume1/Emby/data/collections/ and letting the plugin rebuild new collections.

Everything is back to normal again. If anyone runs into a similar issue here are the steps I performed to fix this issue with the expansion of the suggestion from @Luke

Since I had duplicates collections show up by just deleting the library and rescanning I performed the following.

1. Uninstalled the Auto Box Set plugin, restart Emby
2. Deleted all collections from the collections library. Data resides here /volume1/Emby/data/collections/
  a. any libraries you created manually you could keep, but have not tried this
3. Deleted the collections library
4. Run a full scan of all libraries
5. Install Auto Box Set plugin, restart Emby
6. Use Auto Box Set plugin to create collections.

Everything seems to be functional again.

majorsl
On 10/11/2020 at 12:04 PM, Luke said:

Can you try removing the collections and camera uploads libraries from emby library setup? Then once it's gone and you've run a full library scan, then try creating a new collection. Please see if that helps. thanks.

That appears to have done the trick for me also.  I didn't see any duplication or missing items.  Thanks!

• 1 year later...
jed214

@Happy2Play Sorry for reopening after 2020 but this is still happening. I cant exactly do the workaround suggested here as I don't have any camera roll enabled. Since I created a collection with my Star Wars movies I see 4x Collection libraries and I cannot do anything about them, cant disable them, cant hide them in access for users, cant remove them. Fix this please... how can such a bug be present after 2,5 years...
image.thumb.png.7bbe267e090067ede92b441b89d816fa.png

Happy2Play

@jed214 Don't believe there is known reason this happens, but you should be able to fix it with a little work depending on your platform.

Shutdown Emby

SSH to you Data path, which you will see /root/default/collections and delete the options.xml

Start Emby and now you should be able to delete the Collections Library/s.  Emby should rebuild with just one.