problem with Emby 4.5.0.50 installation

SeekingWisdom

SeekingWisdom

I got message on emby server dashboard that a new version was available.  I went to package center and it did not say a new version was available.  I decided to try the manual download and selected the 64 bit version (I have DS918+).  

In package center selected "manual install"

selected the uploaded  emby-server-synology_4.5.0.50_x86_64 from my desktop

installed it.

emby1.jpg.142b284094f2cab62cd031adbc37982a.jpg

Now Emby shows "installed" - it used to show "open" like the others.

Not sure what to do.

I did run the server on the ds18+ and it is working and now shows it has the most current version.

Only the info in the package center seems to be messed up.

Help me please!

emby-server-synology_4.5.0.50_x86_64.spk

Mine is the same, but if you click the box, then the next screen shows the status. If it's running ok, then all ok :)

pack1.jpg.239fdbe21f5c2582a0a2a556b51a64dd.jpg

pack2.jpg.84bc372b00fe021c946c950ddb35560d.jpg

SeekingWisdom

When I click on the application icon (on the DS918), Emby opens up (like normal) and on the Dashboard you see the following:

emby5.jpg.3e024aa4d918b9478f80274d169f9870.jpg

The dashboard says "running on http port 8096".  If I then close Emby and open the package center / Installed I see the following:

emby2.jpg.d6bf46fd01ca43efa1e58ae89f1fe148.jpg

As you can see the package center doesn't think it is running.  However, the one response suggests to "click on the box" and if I do that I see the following:

emby3.jpg.849cff27c6ecb94cebe78f56f5e91164.jpg

The package center thinks it is not running as you can see.  However, a previous response suggests to click on "run".  After doing that the "Run" in the button changes to "stop" but after a few seconds it changes back to "Run" as the previous picture above shows.

After that if I repeat the first thing (start emby application on the DS918) I still see the exact same image I posted above which says it is "running on http port 8096".

So the question is, who is correct?  Is it the package center or the Emby Dashboard?  I then exited the emby application on the DS918 so I see the desktop and I left the computer connected to the DS918 and went to a TV which is connected to a ROKU and started up the Roku app.  The Roku app started and I could play a show which had been recorded.  These last steps tell me that the Emby app is running as the Emby Dashboard (above image) says on my DS918 and the package center is wrong.

My description in this post is a lot more than I gave in the original post and I apologize for not being complete.  However, at this point the problem remains as described in the first post that the package center seems to be wrong (I called it "messed up") in the original post.

Since this is not how it has ever behaved in the past I think I still need help to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by SeekingWisdom

SeekingWisdom

No replies to my last post and I keep checking back for some response.  I have found that a new release 4.5.1 came out a few days ago.  It doesn't show up in the package center so I downloaded from the emby site:

emby-server-synology_4.5.1.0_x86_64

Then I went into package center / installed and clicked on the emby Server "box" and tried to stop it but you cannot do that because it only give "run" as an option (emby is running see previous posts).

So I clicked "manual install" and then "run" when that was done.  Here are screenshots of the package center:

emby1.jpg.537a2bba684cbf2c072cad22efe8282e.jpg

First note that it says 4.5.1 is installed and that it is stopped.  I can go to any one of the 3 roku devices I have and get emby to run and play a recorded show. Thus my conclusion is that the server is not stopped or how could I have run emby on the Roku?

Here is what I see if I start Emby on the Synology select "manage emby server" and get the dashboard:

emby2.jpg.d07755267ad71c94638ae7b9372de121.jpg

As you can see here it says it is running version 4.5.0.50 and that 4.5.1 is available.  This contradicts the previous image.

The text for this update said "Resolve install failures on certain Synology NAS models" so maybe the DS918+ is not one of them?  Have I done something wrong?  I have done many manual installs on different apps and had no trouble until this one.

Someone help me please!

SeekingWisdom

as a side question - I tried to edit my last post to cover up my in -home lan address (in the last image uploaded).  I was able to replace the original image with the one currently visible (red covering up the ip address).  However, no matter what I do (try to delete it) I cannot get rid of the image at the end of my post which is the original image.  Anyone can tell me how to do this I would appreciate it.

@Abobader

21 hours ago, SeekingWisdom said:

as a side question - I tried to edit my last post to cover up my in -home lan address (in the last image uploaded).  I was able to replace the original image with the one currently visible (red covering up the ip address).  However, no matter what I do (try to delete it) I cannot get rid of the image at the end of my post which is the original image.  Anyone can tell me how to do this I would appreciate it.

@Abobader

Hi,

I just edit your last post to delete the image.

When you edit your image, for the the image need to be deleted, simply hover on it and click on the "delete icon", then it will be deleted.

My best

SeekingWisdom

Thanks for responding.

The software continues to execute exactly the same as described in my last post.

I have not updated to 4.5.2 because of all the posts in emby server /synology describing similar problems.

A second reason I did not update is because the release notes:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases

for 4.5.2 say "resolve slow file read/write performance on windows" which did not seem to have anything to do with synology or the problems I was having.   I had a hard time doing google searches to find any release notes - where should I be looking?

Should I try the 4.5.2 release?

SeekingWisdom

Today I happened to open emby server and went to the dashboard and noticed something different - I have no idea why this is different from previous images I have posted.

emby5.jpg.37637c0ca6bd688d40d33164aa3ded98.jpg

Notice "please restart the server to finish applying the updates" - this is not present on any of the previous images I have posted.

I assume it is referring to the emby server so I went to the package center but it already said it was stopped (see previous post).  So the only thing I could think to do was to restart the synology server.  My logic was that this would shut down all services and then restart then on re-boot.  So I restarted the DS918+.

After restart of the DS918+:I went back to the emby dashboard.  Now the restart server message is gone and the "pending installation" is also gone (see previous image to see what they were) and it recognizes that 4.5.1 is installed and that 4.5.2 is available (image below).

emby7.jpg.3524898e652b8c136c56cc912591d79a.jpg

I then went to the package center:

emby3.jpg.7a2bce47a64a1b20cbc7eb7d509da577.jpg

I note that emby server is now "installed".  I then clicked on the emby server box:

emby6.jpg.050f7d574d17d8f15b2832d93f06b0cb.jpg

Amazing!!!! it says it is running!

So it seems something changed to get emby to recognize that it needed to restart - I didn't knowingly do anything to emby since the last post.  So with the exception that the package center / installed shows the emby app as installed (the others are open).  It appears everything is back to the way it used to be.

Edited by SeekingWisdom

The restarting for updates message you saw in Emby Server was about plugin updates. You can see what's been updated in the Pending Installations section.