Update Emby

Ninko

Hi,

I've heard the latest update needs to be done manually?

There's normally a delay before the update appears in Synology's package center which I don't mind waiting for, will this still be the case or are you stopped that route completely?

Thanks

FrostByte

Luke has mentioned he is working on getting Emby added to the Synology app store which will be even better than the old repository while maintaining the current manual install for quicker updates.  The old repository method is probably no more.

Omahabrownie

Hi I am having some trouble with the new emby update 4.5.0.50. I installed it manually and it appears to go well. When you click on run it goes to nstall for a few seconds then goes back to run, so it is not really all the way installed. Now I cannot go back to the old version, is there a solution for this?

Thanks

Omahabrownie

In the beginning I did shutdown the server than I installed the update and it would not stay running, so I uninstalled restarted and reinstalled and restarted agin still with the same issue.

Thanks

I have a similar problem. I installed the new version (4.5.0.50) but the Emby server shuts down after booting. I've put the previous version (4.4.3.0) back and it's already doing it there. I don't understand why if I remove it there are files left on the NAS (DS720+).

What is the solution to work well? So far I have paid for 5 months and used 1 month. (I used to have a DS112 and the previous stable version wasn't good there either)

With this new version, Emby won't start anymore.

Thanks

What has worked successfully is:

1. Shutdown the server using the Dashboard within Emby (not Package Center)

2. Go to Package Center and check the Emby is now stopped. If not try from there. You can always also check in the Resource Monitor Synology app.

3. Install .50 from Package Center. Emby should start automatically. If not start it.

4. Wait 5 to 10 minutes, at least. It can take time the first time with the new version.

• Like 1

Omahabrownie

embyserver-63736532223-1.txtI have tried that to and it still does not work. I have attached a log file. It names some errors but I am not sure what they mean I am hoping someone out there might.

Thanks

I just looked at permissions on the emby folder and checked the box to apply to all folders and sub folders and after I did that and then installed it again it worked I do not know how that could have changed

I thought this fixed it, it let me on but now it will not open any file because of a permission error. And all setting are the same.

Back again to say I think that there is something in the old install that the new one does not like. Even when you uninstall the app the emby folder still has all its files from the last install, so when you reinstall it still has the old files to work with. In the end I put all the files in the emby folder in a new folder then went on my modem and deleted the set ports by the old install then I installed it again, you have to treat it as a new install and there are a number of things you have to do over again to set your system up the way you want it but it so far seems to be working fine.

Edited by Omahabrownie
new info
  • Like 1

Please try downloading the build again from our website and installing over the top of your existing version. Please let us know if the issue persists after that. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Ninko said:

@Luke Will Emby no longer be available from the package store then?

Thanks

We are working on submitting to the official Synology store.

8 minutes ago, Ninko said:

But not from the custom store where Emby normally comes from?

Thanks

I'm not sure if we want to continue to do that. We're going to have two ways of installing - the official synology, or the manual spk's. I think two ways is enough. Trying to support three I think will be too much.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
8 minutes ago, Ninko said:

Any ETA on the official Synology package route?

Thanks

At the same time all Stores take there own time in validating submitted packages also.  So a store could be weeks+ behind release.

• 11 months later...