update 4.5.0.50 update problem

Denut

hello

my emby server download the update ask to restart and stil stay in 4.4.3.0 version and again

try to download manualy and install get then the error : could not move system directory to backup

have anyone a solution thank's

PhonemanUS

Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.  Restarted system twice, service just keeps saying update available restart server to install.

UPDATE: I stopped the server (not restart), rebooted the machine, restarted the server and the update was installed.

Edited by PhonemanUS
  • Like 1

restart dont work

the server have try the update again and now no more access to the web interface ....

Edited by Denut

have restored my server from C:\Users\moi\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server copy the files from system.old to system have again the 4.4.3.0

web interface work again but no way to update hope the server will not try the update again ....

Please try this:

Set Emby to NOT start automatically. Settings->Run server at startup from web admin

Reboot PC

Download new version from website and install

Restart Emby

Turn run server at startup back on.

Edited by cayars

Yes please try shutting down the server, then installing the update manually from the website. Please let us know if this helps. thanks.

unchech start with windows

restart the computer

update with web installer have no more the "could not move system directory to backup " error

no access to the web interface ....

restor from system.old again

working , automatic update and restart unchecked at this time because don't want to have probleme again to the solution

tested the update on a other computer no problems the only difference betwen the 2 computer on the configuration is the computer have updated susess no graphic cart for trancoding and the computer with problem have a r9 280x set for transcoding

Edited by Denut

So you got the update working but now have an issue with the AMD 280? Old or new problem?

I've got one I could install to test with but can you open a new thread with transcode issues with the 280?

Thanks

There is no trans code issues I only say have 2 computer 

The first without transcoding. update ok

The second have transcoding and don't update 

I open this thread for the second. and maybe transcoding wo his for me the only difference between the two setup can be the answer or not ...

47 minutes ago, cayars said:

So you got the update working but now have an issue with the AMD 280? Old or new problem?

I've got one I could install to test with but can you open a new thread with transcode issues with the 280?

Thanks

"I've got one I could install to test" thanks for you devotion :)

• Like 1

dawtyne10

update through Emby server to 4.5.0.50 would not work.

changed emby setting to NOT run on startup.  then Stopped emby server.  restarted machine.  manually installed 4.5.0.50 from website.

all is good now, thanks for help above.

• Like 1

hello

i have downloaded the setup an reinstall without error but can no more access to the web interface firewall desactived windows 10 version 2004

no more idéa ...

Can you upload your embyserver.txt file from the following location:

C:\Users\LOGIN-NAME\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\logs

Substitute the account name on windows for LOGIN-NAME above.