abescalamis

TV app - language menu for subtitle download option

abescalamis

Downloading subtitles in the TV app is very annoying, you have move one by one until you go to the language you are looking for and in the TV the switching interface is very slow.

wanted to suggest a better way to display the language menu for the TV app, because you use a tv controller and there is no scrolling.

I did an example for a better understanding, in the preferred part I put the languages that are set in the server to automatically download.

Screenshot_20200919-100144_Photos.thumb.jpg.1da7153c86605f5aa68cf7016088c2ab.jpg

When I want to download subtitles I avoid the TV app, I rather use the phone or the Ipad because unlike the TV app, you can scroll fast and go directly to the language you want.

Edited by abescalamis

ebr

Yes, navigating long lists with only linear navigation (a remote control) can be problematic.  That is why we don't always have a lot of administrative tasks in the TV UI.  However, I think this suggestion is useful throughout the system.

Where, again are your "preferred" languages coming from?

abescalamis
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Yes, navigating long lists with only linear navigation (a remote control) can be problematic.  That is why we don't always have a lot of administrative tasks in the TV UI.  However, I think this suggestion is useful throughout the system.

Where, again are your "preferred" languages coming from?

In my example, for the "preferred" I used the same languages that I have set in library for automatic subtitle download---> English, spanish, Italian.

Here

Screenshot_20200919-151634_Emby.thumb.jpg.5d98943053e36ada0dd9f5e1fbd3d5da.jpg

Screenshot_20200919-151653_Emby.thumb.jpg.11fc4cd71c99b8e7b490d9ac4c0b2b25.jpg

Edited by abescalamis

ebr

Okay, that's an interesting idea but perhaps it would just be better if we remembered ones you chose previously because you may automatically download a certain set but manually look for others.  The very first time you'd have to scroll the list but, after that, the ones you chose would be right there.

• Thanks 1

abescalamis
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Okay, that's an interesting idea but perhaps it would just be better if we remembered ones you chose previously because you may automatically download a certain set but manually look for others.  The very first time you'd have to scroll the list but, after that, the ones you chose would be right there.

I love it.