Freeview UK EPG channel listing not correct

charlesbr

charlesbr

Here in the UK the channel listings have changed around for a few channels today (17th) and as such we have had to retune both our TVs. Whilst our standard TV's have picked up the changes the EPG guide data for Emby has not yet caught up. As an example the TV channel PICK which was on channel 11 has now moved to channel 34 and on channel 11 SKY Arts should now show. The EPG data for PICK still shows as being on channel 11 and channel 34 has no EPG data.

How long does it take before Emby EPG guide data catches up with the changes?

Hi,

You can rescan your tuner to get the latest channels changes.

Then check the mapping of channels to see if any are blank and need manual adjustment.

Once done refresh your guide and you should be good to go.

charlesbr

Hi Cayars,

Thanks for your reply. I have already retuned my HDHomeRun device and that has all the channels in the correct places. 

If I go to manually map channels then interestingly it does show Sky Arts but uses Pick EPG and when I clicked on the edit button to the right there is no Sky Arts listed in the channel selection and Channel 34 is not listed.

Edited by charlesbr

The EPG is likely behind on channels numbers so you would match it by name or call sign vs channel number.  That's often the quick fix until the EPG provider squares things away.

• Thanks 1

unisoft
On 17/09/2020 at 23:23, charlesbr said:

OK, that's fine. I will wait a little longer.

Thanks.

Its fixed now. My Sky Arts is populating with data BUT I did go in and MAP CHANNEL away from PICK to Sky Arts on channel 11.....

charlesbr
17 minutes ago, unisoft said:

Its fixed now. My Sky Arts is populating with data BUT I did go in and MAP CHANNEL away from PICK to Sky Arts on channel 11.....

Great, thanks for the heads up.