Jump to content

Moving servers


judgey

Recommended Posts

Hey, im in the middle of moving servers, i did a back up of my old emby server and restored it on my new server all went good...

 

The only problem is how do they know about the new server? I looked on my emby account and looked to change servers but it only listed the old server not the new one i just setup and restored.

 

Thanks :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
mastrmind11

so add the new server using the new ip, and remove the old server from the login screen.  confused why you're confused

Link to post
Share on other sites

So what i mean is....

I have users on old server i want to be able to use the new server, i did a backup of the old server and did a restore to the new server. How do users know to use the new server, will they have to login again and pick servers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy2Play

Unfortunately a server restore via the plugin is still a New server with your previous configs.  So users would have to delete the old server and add the new server.  But this will also depend on how the users are logging in also.

 

@Luke @ebr Is it possible for the plugin to backup the device.txt so that a restore will have the same device id (would need to be a yes/no option though for restore).  I can see the pros and cons here as if you were creating a additional server this would create a server with a duplicate id. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads up..

 

So if i wanted them to use the new server, when they login via emby connect will the new server show? Just when i had a quick look before on my account the new server was not listed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Unfortunately a server restore via the plugin is still a New server with your previous configs.  So users would have to delete the old server and add the new server.  But this will also depend on how the users are logging in also.

 

@Luke @ebr Is it possible for the plugin to backup the device.txt so that a restore will have the same device id (would need to be a yes/no option though for restore).  I can see the pros and cons here as if you were creating a additional server this would create a server with a duplicate id. 

I don't think it's a good idea for the exact reason you mention.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Luke said:

I don't think it's a good idea for the exact reason you mention.

So in this case Connect should auto populate the new server for all Connect users, correct?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

So in this case Connect should auto populate the new server for all Connect users, correct?

No, that's just not supported yet with the backup plugin. You need to do the connect invites on the new server.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy2Play

@judgey you will need to re-add all users Connect username per user or remove and re-add if they are still present.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...