[BUG] Back to home goes to top.

gokuz

Long press brings up stats for nerds in ATV.  BACK just made sense because you want to go BACK to the beginning.

Happy2Play

And what does long press do in a web client?  I would assume client specific function will be slightly different across all platform/clients correct?  What does one do if they only want to back out of the item to where they currently are so they do not have to renavigate their entire library?

scroll.thumb.gif.937d29131e5634c2f15cc176da8df436.gif

The same does not happen on Movies, only from episode (this does not require playback either, just back out of episode details).

Edited by Happy2Play

10 minutes ago, cayars said:

Long press brings up stats for nerds in ATV.  BACK just made sense because you want to go BACK to the beginning.

SFN is a long press on OK during playback, it has nothing to do with this. I'm talking about long pressing BACK when you're in library view in order to take you to the precious tabs. With that implementation, you wouldn't need the long press in order to get to home,  a simple press would do the job.

The way I see it, there are three ways to give people quick access to the tabs and the current implementation is the worst, because it's counter-intuitive to how it works in every other app.  BACK means that I want to go back to the previous screen, not to the top. That's how it works in web browsers. too. And when I enter the library view again, it should take me to the position I was before I had left, not to the first one

The third (and better) implementation would have been having the tabs to the right in a vertical alignment , under the filters

Long press of OK is typically a TOGGLE like if in a guide and you want to record it, just long press. No one would expect a long press OK to be used for navigation.

BACK is a NAVIGATIONAL button which is what we're doing by going BACK to where we started which is ROW 1, ITEM 1 in the grid.

This probably seems strange just reading about it but in practice is very nice and just make sense navigating the UI and getting to tags and toolbars very easy regardless how far down in a list you were.

Happy2Play
8 minutes ago, cayars said:

BACK is a NAVIGATIONAL button which is what we're doing by going BACK to where we started which is ROW 1, ITEM 1 in the grid

But Movies library does not do it (currently).   So if I jump to W and enter Wu Assassins then enter Season level and back out I am at Wu Assassins.  But if I go to episode level or play from season level episode card and back out we are at the top as shown in gif above.

Only testing in web client.

Edited by Happy2Play

Yes it works in Movies or TV Shows as well.

From anywhere inside a GRID hitting back will take you to row 1, item 1 on ATV.