Package for DS213j

splitbrain

splitbrain

I found a few forum posts that indicate that Emby runs on a DS213j. But all packages available on the download page are rejected as "not compatible" when I try to install them via the Synology Package manager.

Is there a package available that can be installed on the DS213j?

• DS213j
  • MARVELL Armada 370 88F6707
  • DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 2

dikkedikki

Does this also count for a ds218j?

The arm 7 package is not compatible it says.

I found some old Emby packages from 2015 but thats really old.

Edit: never mind my comment, i found the beta reposiroty.

Edited by dikkedikki

I'm on DS414 armv7 and emby Server 4.4.3.0-1.

First i testet to update manually to emby-server-synology_4.5.0.50_armv7.spk that didnt worked.

Then i stopped the running 4.4.3.0 rebooted and updated to emby-server-synology_4.5.0.50_armv7.spk that worked.

Then I wanted to start emby Server in Paket Center the CPU goes Up to 100% and the starting progress failed. 

I rebooted the nas and start again same Problem.

Then i Updated to emby-server-synology_4.6.0.1_armv7.spk and rebooted Same Problem didnt start CPU 100% and only old logs in emby folder.

Then i removed emby Server completly and wanted to make a fresh manual Install with 4.5.0.50 but that fails with (the Port 8096 ist already taken or reserved from System). Then i rebooted several Times and testet 4.6.0.1. the Same Problem cant even Install. I have removed emby Server completly and rebooted several Times but cant Install.

Then i installed the 4.4.3.0-1 from Paket Center again and it worked without Problems but all my Watched states are gone Like a fresh install. Now i had to make everything from Scratch i had No Backup :( im emby lifetime sup.

Sry for my Bad english mfg

Hi, after clean installation of Emby 4.6.0.1 there are no logs in Emby Folder. When i press start Emby from Packet Center Emby Starts for 5 seconds and then the CPU gous up to 100% and Emby stopps immediately. I also checked the read/write privileges etc. I went back to 4.4.3.0 and wait till this is fixed

1 minute ago, face80 said:

Hi, after clean installation of Emby 4.6.0.1 there are no logs in Emby Folder. When i press start Emby from Packet Center Emby Starts for 5 seconds and then the CPU gous up to 100% and Emby stopps immediately. I also checked the read/write privileges etc. I went back to 4.4.3.0 and wait till this is fixed

What folder were you looking in?

In the Emby Folder that are created after update from 4.4.3.0 to 4.6.0.1 there were the old logs from 4.4.3.0 but not the new one. I deleted everything and with a clean install 4.6.0.1 the Folder is empty. Now I have deleted everything again and did a clean 4.4.3.0 install I didnt want to update again. I think i should buy a new NAS the DS414 is very old and slow.

But anyway thanks for your help.

On 25/09/2020 at 17:54, as2002 said:

Sorry, adding another one to the list. 218j. I think it should be arm7 but I've tried arm8 and arm64 as well.

Thanks

On 28/09/2020 at 16:46, Luke said:

Sorry, one more time. Can you please try downloading the spk from our website and trying to install again?

https://emby.media/download

Please let us know if this resolves the issue. Thanks !

The updated download has installed OK. I haven't used it much yet but no issues so far.

• Like 1

timhenn

Hi, I'm new to Emby.  After fighting with Plex on Synology for years (it works, but its problematic), I decided to try an alternative.  I was hoping for a simple install/setup/usage....but no such luck.

I have a Synology DS213j.  I've tried installing the Emby Arm7 version 4.5.0.1 as well as the beta 4.6.0.1.  The installation works fine, the server starts for a few seconds, then stops. I've enabled port 8096 on my router just in case thats needed but it makes no difference.  I've looked in the Emby folder created on the NAS but it shows no files of any kind (no logs?).

Should this work?  What can I try to fix this?

1 hour ago, timhenn said:

Hi, I'm new to Emby.  After fighting with Plex on Synology for years (it works, but its problematic), I decided to try an alternative.  I was hoping for a simple install/setup/usage....but no such luck.

I have a Synology DS213j.  I've tried installing the Emby Arm7 version 4.5.0.1 as well as the beta 4.6.0.1.  The installation works fine, the server starts for a few seconds, then stops. I've enabled port 8096 on my router just in case thats needed but it makes no difference.  I've looked in the Emby folder created on the NAS but it shows no files of any kind (no logs?).

Should this work?  What can I try to fix this?

I have exactly the Same Problem. Luckily I'm Not alone with this anymore. Hopefully this will be fixed in future Updates. Until the Problem is solved we have to Stick on Version 4.4.3.0-1

Greets

timhenn
2 hours ago, face80 said:

I have exactly the Same Problem. Luckily I'm Not alone with this anymore. Hopefully this will be fixed in future Updates. Until the Problem is solved we have to Stick on Version 4.4.3.0-1

Greets

Thanks! Good to know its not just me, i guess.  How do I go about getting 4.4.3.0-1?

Tim

timhenn
1 hour ago, face80 said:

In Synology Packet Center:

Trust level set to Synology and Trusted Partners.

Package Source Name: Emby LLC 

Adress: https://synology.emby.media/

Yes! thank you.  The older version does indeed work.  Took me a bit to find and scan my library.  This link was helpful. https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-Setting-Up-Your-Media-Library-Share