Clashing TV Episode Lists - Help!

bigi

Apologies if this has been answered before - I did have a look through but could see nothing specific about this particular issue!

I have a very large movie and TV Series library (4000+ movies and 150+ TV Series), I have always run Plex and Emby side by side as i prefer the way Emby handles some things much better than Plex.  Everything has been fine until recently, when I was adding multiple series of "Wheeler Dealers".  This series has a bit of a mess of episode listings depending on UK/US and also depending on which source you get the series listings from!

TMDB handles episodes better than TVDB (Specials etc); so I have changed the priority for the TV show folder to make TMDB first choice for episode/series/season options, with TVDB second.  I have done this on an empty folder and moved the series folder across to it.  All seems ok, until I get to a "problem series"  I have the folder set to show missing episodes, so I create a folder for the series (for example series 15) and copy a known good episode into it, at which point it populates all the missing episodes.  For example, episode 1 shows as  "1976 Mercury Capri" (photos attached).  checking the IMDB and TVDB ids, they both point to the correct episode.  I copy the file over (named as attached) and refresh the data.  at this point, the name of the episode changes to "1969 Opel GT 1900" - BUT both IMDB and TVDB Ids remain the same!  Upon checking TMDB however, it has Episode 1 matched as "1969 Opel GT 1900".  Other problems I am having is emby creating missing episodes with teh option to "Split versions" - at which point i get 2 episodes with the same number, but each one as a different episode which different IDs.

From the above, it seems that even though i am trying to use TMDB as primary source, Emby is STILL using TVDB initially, but then changing to TMDB when the episode is in there (at least for the first problem!).  as for the duplicate episodes I haven't a clue what it's doing - even when i copy both matching episodes across with the same episode number one always shows as "missing"; and i have no option to delete the missing episodes from Emby.

I would use TVDB as it mostly is correct - but the Wheeler Dealers series is a mess on TVDB - specials are in a separate series and not as mid season episodes, causing the episode numbering to go out of whack and therefore the wrong files being linked to the episode numbers.  All in all very frustrating!

So i guess my questions here are:

1. is it normal for TVDB to be used for missing episodes regardless of order of agents used and is there a way to change this?

2.  Is there a way to delete the "duplicate numbered but different" episodes so i can force it to use a single one?

3. Is there any way to force it to identify tv episodes manually?

Sorry for the long and complicated post - hopefully there is s simple solution to my issues!

01. series 15 initial.png

02. s15e01 initial emby.png

03. s15e01 initial imdb.png

04. S15E01 initial tvdb.png

05. s15e01 filename.png

06. s15 after copy.png

07. s15e01 after copy emby.png

08. s15e01 tmdb match.png

Hi, yes missing episodes are only implemented right now using tvdb. Did you enable that option for your tv library? You might want to turn off given your preference towards tmdb.

Thanks for confirming Luke, thought as much. I changed the order back to TVDB as primary, TMDB as secondary; then tried to add the episode again. However, it STILL shows as missing, but when I go into the details for the episode it gives me the option to split versions .  When I do this it then shows two copies of the same numbered episode - both the same one this time - and I can’t clear it - even deleting folder and starting again!

is this likely to be the missing episode function causing this? Seems odd considering this time it’s exactly the same episode it shows twice?