how can I get started with MB3 server

arowan@yarrawonga.com

arowan@yarrawonga.com

I have set up MB3 classic & server on one windows box running WMC in my living room.

While I have some maintenance issues migrating metadata from MB2, it for the most part it is at least running.

As this box is headless, and because a windows remote desktop connection will kill WMC, I need to use the web client to access MB3 server.

Otherwise I will be a pariah to anyone in the living room.

I am using a desktop in my study on the same LAN, with firewalls disabled at both ends, to make a web connection to the server.

Using browsers on a) the client machine & B) the machine hosting MB server, I entered:-

"http://10.20.40.25:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/index.html"

a) does not work near as well as B)

That is clear from the attached screen shots.

What am I missing?

Firewall is disabled.

Doca.pdf

Docb.pdf

swhitmore

:P pdf screenshots? 

The second screenshots looks correct. Was the server still booting when you took the first? There is no reason why you can't do what you're trying to do.

Edited by swhitmore

Logos302

If the scan hasn't finished to a certain point you will not see anything.  I always go to <Servername>:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/dashboard.html first and check on the status of the scan when first booting up the server.  Mine needs to get to at least 15% or more before I can actually start to see data in any client, weather that be web or other wise.  

Edited by Logos302
  • Like 1

arowan@yarrawonga.com

Thanks swhitmore & logos32.

It turns out that my issue was environmental.

The problem was with firefox and only on this desktop.

So I ripped out the browser and all its data then reinstalled firefox, bookmarks, add ons, plugins, passwords & cookies.

Then the problem went away!