Movies & TV Shows in the Folder Type 'Mixed movies & tv' not being listed in Genres

The Baron

The Baron

Greetings,

So, I have a folder that houses my documentries and other non-fiction content. They are all in the same folder, it is a Mixed movies & tv folder as there are both movies and TV content in there.

Now, none of these films or TV are shows are shown under the Genre views, either for Movies or Television, in the Web Viewer.

Would I be correct in saying that the reason for this is due to the Folder Type being used?

If so, is there a solution other than putting the content into 2 seperate folders, one for TV Shows and one for Movies, in order for the content to be listed under 'Documentary', in Genres, for example?

By the way, I don't believe it an XML related issue. I double checked a number of the xml files, the Documentary genre is listed in the meta data.

Cheers,

Andy

The Baron

A quick admendmewnt, it seems that with the folder type Mixed movies & TV, the xml type 'series', which has <Genre>Documentary</Genre> will show up in Genres. However, any xml 'movie' file with <Genre>Documentary</Genre> will not be shown under Genres.

I persume this issue where the movie.xml is in the folder type Mixed movies & TV is global.

In fact, I can confirm that, I added the Comedy genre to one of the effected films, after I performed a scan, the documentry in question, A Band Called Death, showed in the Comedy genre, under Movies, as you would expect.