Complete Navigation Support with "arrow" key, without mouse

TheGremlin

TheGremlin

Hi,

I don't know if somebody ever mentioned this behavior. But I've allready noticed that's impossible to use Emby Theater without a mouse.
I have a remote with an IR mouse, so I can help myself. But it would be much easier if I could just use the "arrow" keys and "Enter" to navigate through the complete interface.

I can navigate into my Movies and TV Shows, but if I try to get out of a tv-show, I cannot navigate back to the main menu.
It's impossible to navigate to the left arrow. See the Screenshot.

Theather.thumb.PNG.01c30c85c11b0ecf774b56bcbdad17fa.PNG

I love Emby Theather, but I wish it would be able to navigate through the complete menu just by the arrows.
In this case I could also use a remote without a IR mouse.

Hi, yes this is by design. TV devices typically don't show an on-screen back button, so neither does this app in TV display mode. That's why you only see it when the mouse is active.

What you need to do is use your back button, which on a keyboard, could be the ESC key, or alt-left.

TheGremlin

Ok Luke,

I test it out. Perhaps it's just my remote. I have it just tested with the keyboard from remote on my test-system and it works.
I will test at evening with my remote. But I think it could be just a incompability problem with my remote then.
I never noticed that it work with the Escape button. Worst case I will need to switch just my remote.

Thanks!