Orsay 2.2.6a can't select a Live TV channel

Sirbyteme

Sirbyteme

Gotta say I love you guys for keeping this going!
Just installed 2.2.9 and tested it against the issues I have been having and it is DEFINITELY better! Thanks!

Unfortunately I still do have 1 final issue that is pretty big for me.
I CAN now navigate and play Live TV but ONLY on 2 channels and they are not the ones I need.
If I select any other channel I get an error;  "Undefined  Render Error Type 5"
I have discovered that the 2 that work are both 1920x1080 resolution streams where all of the rest that do not are 1280x720 streams.

The "Stats for Nerds" shows this;
   These WORK;
   Channel 8.1, 1920x1080 / Bitrate 15.4 Mbps / Video framerate 29.97003 fps
   Channel 39.1, 1920x1080 / Bitrate 15.4 Mbps / Video framerate 29.97003 fps

These DO NOT work - gives error above;
   Channel 8.2, Differences = 1280x720 / Bitrate 8.4 Mbps / Video framerate 59.94006
   Channel 10.1, Differences = 1280x720 / Bitrate 8.4 Mbps / Video framerate 59.94006

It seems to me like it literally does not know what that stream is (Undefined) and that it might be simple to add that definition and I would be 100%!
Is that possible?

Thanks again for all of your help!

Sirbyteme

Update:
I did further testing and it looks like the problem is only the channels using 1280x720 / Bitrate 8.4 Mbps / Video framerate 59.94006.

I re-enabled all of my channels and tested every one and found these all work;
     1920x1080 / Bitrate 15.4 Mbps / Video framerate 29.97003 fps
     704x528 / Bitrate 3.1 Mbps / Video framerate 29.97003
     853x480 / Bitrate 3.1 Mbps / Video framerate 29.97003

I only use the channels with 1920x1080 and 1280x720 so I didn't see the others before.

So to summarize,
I have 2 - 1920x1080 channels that DO work, 5 - 1280x720 that DON'T work and give the "Undefined" error,
and 13 - 704x528 or 853x480 channels that DO work but they are all foreign language/junk.

All my favorite channels are the 1280x720 ones that don't work!
Please help!

P.S. - Not a big deal but I also noticed that some of the remote control buttons don't work.
     PRE-CH  -  This would be very nice to have working. Allows you to bounce back and forth between 2 channels.
     CH (up or down)  -  Odd as it is one of the biggest buttons but minor issue. Can still go back and select from the menu.
     CH LIST  -  Minor issue. Another way to navigate.

Thanks as always!

SamES

I suspect the issue is the 60 fps rate.  Render error 5 normally means that it is unsupported video format.

Can you please attach a couple of ffmpeg logs from the server that are generated when you try one of those two channels?

SamES

Can you please disable the Hardware acceleration option in the Transcoding settings on the server and try again?  Please attach any new ffmpeg logs from this test.  Thanks

Happy2Play

Yes it looks like a HWA decoder issue as it is falling back to software. 

15:30:28.880 [AVHWDeviceContext @ 00000231e21d9140] Using D3D11 device 8086:0122 (Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000).
15:30:28.885 [AVHWDeviceContext @ 00000231e21d9140] Failed to create Direct3D11 device (887a0004)
15:30:28.885 Device creation failed: -1313558101.
15:30:28.885 [mpeg2video @ 00000231e1e34e40] No device available for decoder: device type d3d11va needed for codec mpeg2video.
15:30:28.886 Stream mapping:
15:30:28.886   Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (mpeg2video (native) -> h264 (libx264))
15:30:28.886   Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (ac3 (native) -> aac (native))
15:30:28.886 Device setup failed for decoder on input stream #0:0 : Unknown error occurred

Info    Previous transcoding attempt failed. Falling back to software transcoding.

Devs may need to see the hardware_detection log also.

Sirbyteme

Now I confirmed Transcoding disabled, saved, rebooted server and still same results, no changes at all.

😕

Sirbyteme

And now I have also tried disabling;

LiveTV/DVR - Setup - TV Sources - Edit "HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO " - "Allow hardware transcoding" in addition to the previous server transcoding.

Rebooted server and still same results, no changes at all.

@Happy2Play "Devs may need to see the hardware_detection log also. " - I attached that as well just in case.

hardware_detection-63759547562.txt

3 hours ago, Sirbyteme said:

This log looks OK. Are you able to play the same channel in the web app?

SamES

Based on 2013 specs, I expect 60fps is not supported

What Media Files Are Supported In Most 2013 Smart TV? | Samsung Philippines

@Sirbyteme, what model is your TV?  If I give you another version to try, do you have a local web server that you can load it from?  Alternatively I can give you another way to host an install it without having to install a server if you don't already have one running.

@FrostByte do you remember the supported fps limit from your H series?  If I limit this to 30fps in the legacy app, do you think this will cause a problem?  If it can't do 60fps, then I doubt it can do 50fps.  Looking at this article, I suspect 60fps was introduced in 2014 so depending on Sirbyteme's model, I might just limit it for < 2014 models  Samsung's 2014 TV line-up - with prices - FlatpanelsHD

image.thumb.png.2e0d3e4c52ccec8858ee40b24272860c.png

Edited by SamES
  • Like 1

Sirbyteme

I have a UN40EH5300 and a UN32EH5300.
Yes, I side load from my own server now so I have no problem loading a custom version.

Thank you.

SamES

This is from the EH5300 manual.  Can someone smarter than me please tell me the supported fps for 1280 x720  🤪

image.png.b7824aed6f8fc7a24809e6f33831be02.png

• Haha 1

FrostByte

@SamES on my H-series (premium) set it depends on the resolution and codec.  It can do 60fps 720p for most codecs so that may be a problem for some

SEK2000.thumb.jpg.4f498c8cbdc3ee27ecf97d4096463a35.jpg

SamES
Just now, FrostByte said:

SamES on my H-series (premium) set it depends on the resolution and codec.  It can do 60fps 720p for most codecs so that may be a problem for some

Yeah, I think I'll only drop it for E and F series, assuming it fixes the issue of course.

• Like 1

Sirbyteme

IT WORKS!
I now have ALL channels.
And I have hardware acceleration re-enabled.
Thanks so much!

So now, the only issues I see are;

- Version says 2.2.9 not 2.2.9a
- Remote buttons mentioned in my post not working.
- Channels load from 15 to 30 seconds each.

All of which I can live with, just letting you know.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

SamES

Excellent, thanks for confirming.  Frame rate was the issue.  @FrostByte, all the logic for fps by model already existed to determine DirectPlay or transcode, so I have changed that.  The issue was that when the fps was too high, there transcode command wasn’t actually setting a frame rate limit.  Now it does.

6 hours ago, Sirbyteme said:

Version says 2.2.9 not 2.2.9a

Yeah, I didn’t change it for the test.  I’ll roll this change in to 2.2.10 at some stage, but I’m not planning anything soon unless others are also having this issue.  You can keep using the version I sent you until then.

Remote buttons mentioned in my post not working. 

Have they ever worked?  This app is no longer in development, so I’m really just keeping it running in cases where a server update breaks an existing function. I’ll have a quick look and if it’s not significant and I have time I might consider it for .10

Channels load from 15 to 30 seconds each.

This is really just dependent on your tuner and how long the server takes to transcode enough of the stream. There isn’t really much we can do about that.     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FrostByte

Great work @SamES thanks for keeping this old community built app on life support after the developers left

• Thanks 1

Sirbyteme
18 hours ago, SamES said:
On 6/19/2021 at 10:53 AM, Sirbyteme said:

Remote buttons mentioned in my post not working. 

Have they ever worked?  This app is no longer in development, so I’m really just keeping it running in cases where a server update breaks an existing function. I’ll have a quick look and if it’s not significant and I have time I might consider it for .10

My LiveTV has not worked right for a long time so I am not sure but it seems to me that they did work way back, like a few years ago.
I am already starting to use this again since you fixed it so having those buttons would awesome but I understand the situation.
I'll keep my fingers crossed and I greatly appreciate all you have done .

Thank you very much🤩!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
SamES

I've had a quick look at these buttons.

I'm very certain that they have never been a feature of the app.

Implementing them is not so easy.  To implement the previous channel feature, tracking of the last channel would need to be added.  The way that channels are currently implemented, it is also not so easy to implement up/down channel logic.

Based on this, I'm not planning on going any further with this.  Sorry, but thanks for the suggestion.

Sirbyteme

OK, got it.
Thanks anyways for looking.

And thanks again for the 60fps fix, it is working great!  🥳

• Thanks 1