#41 rikiwi OFFLINE  

rikiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Local time: 04:11 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:51 PM

I'm so pleased to report and confirm that you were spot on @Latchmor.

When I first wet up MBS ages ago I just included my Record TV folder in my library, and never thought about it again.

I have removed the folder from the library and done some more recordings - result: no more poster jpg's.  :) 

In hindsight it all seems totally obvious.

@krustyreturns, I'll continue to monitor future recording in regard to reliability improvements to my recordings, and post any results. Thanks a heap for your time.

#42 krustyreturns OFFLINE  

krustyreturns

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1329 posts
  • Local time: 07:11 AM
  • Locationaptos, ca

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

I hesitate to say great news for fear I will jinx it.  I will say good thing you mentioned those jpgs and that Latchmor butted in.  That's a key setup tip to remember.

#43 Latchmor OFFLINE  

Latchmor

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1600 posts
  • Local time: 04:11 PM
  • LocationScotland

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

Fingers crossed! Glad I could help.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

#44 rikiwi OFFLINE  

rikiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

Thanks guys.

I think my reasoning for having the Recorded TV folder in my library was to show it in MBT, but as Live TV now is included (Dev version,) this is not required.

Hopefully, now I can start concentrating on DLNA problems with my Sony smart TV

#45 rikiwi OFFLINE  

rikiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:02 PM

I have realised that I have had to reinstate my Recorded TV in the library as I'm still using the Android App to watch recorded TV.

As of this morning after Server update - Version 3.0.5355.25622 (dev) watching  live TV and recorded TV is almost impossible. Chrome on my tablet and server is unresponsive and keep locking up. I've made no changes apart from reinstating Recorded TV folder. 

These activities are fine in WMC.

Edited by rikiwi, 31 August 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#46 rikiwi OFFLINE  

rikiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

This morning I uninstalled my 3 TV Card drivers then rebooted Windows  and let it install generic drivers:

MBServer -   Version 3.0.5356.25680 (Dev)

Results:

1. Server Web Interface (Chrome) - LiveTV - Good; RecTV - Good

2. MBT (latest Dev.Version) - LiveTV - very jittery & slow to start; RecTV - Reasonable (a little jittery)

3. On Nexus 7: Chrome Web Interface - Good LiveTV & RecTV

4. Android App. - RecTV - No play at all.

Notes: I uninstalled then re installed Chrome and MB Android App on the tablet before doing new tests.

I'm not sure if this will help, but it's just what I'm observing at the moment.

#47 krustyreturns OFFLINE  

krustyreturns

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1329 posts
  • Locationaptos, ca

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

Actually that helps, I was kind of lost as to what your problems were.  In a previous post you said you had to add the rec tv folder back as a library folder, is that still true?  Why do you need to do that?  Doesn't that still mess up your recordings? 

Serverwmc can't tell the difference between any of these clients so it should be behaving the same in each case, but to be sure, consider posting its log after the android client fails.

#48 rikiwi OFFLINE  

rikiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:50 PM

Sorry for taking so long to get back here.

Since last time there have been many Dev. Server updates, as well as a major android Chrome update. These have resulted in vast improvements to watching live TV and watching Recorded TV.

Some recordings are still failing intermittently and my suspicion is this occurs when a new Server update is pending. I'll so more testing to try and determine if this is the case.

I reinstated my RecordedTV folder in order to use the android app to watch recorded TV. without the folder in my library is does not show up in the app.

I am still getting black spaces in the TV Guide even though I'm now running EPGCollector every hour. I have posted this problem in another thread but to date there has been no solution. Maybe I need to start a thread somewhere else.

#49 krustyreturns OFFLINE  

krustyreturns

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1329 posts
  • Locationaptos, ca

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:02 PM

You should be able to see your files in your rec tv folder through the live-tv interface, not by adding the rec tv folder as a library source.  Is it because the android app doesn't support live tv?

#50 rikiwi OFFLINE  

rikiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:35 PM

Hi Krustyreturns

By not adding the RecTV folder as library source I can only access my programs in the server/browser UI, and MB Theatre. As soon as I add the folder I can also see them in MB Classic and the Android App. I'm hoping this will be addressed in the next android app. I did ask to be in the android testers but didn't hear back, I guess they got enough volunteers.

So far today all my test recordings have gone smoothly. I'm certain that my recording failures were not anything to do with pending server updates (as stated in my post above). Last night I noticed that my TV channel orders were different from WMC, So I re-scanned and re-sorted my channels. So that was probably what was messing with recordings yesterday.

I'll keep monitoring.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: record, TV, live tv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users