Naming rules issue on "part"

quatre1love

quatre1love

Hi,

I found out a interesting bug, which is connect with the "part naming rules".

When I scan the file naming with PPT-XXX(XXX will be the numbers), it will be identified in to the part rules, seems identified to P"PT-XXX".

The mistake identify cause the movie canot match its nfo.

These naming part may under the closed source code, I can't find any to fix it by myself.

Hope you can give some help on this problem.

After I check the log, the current rule should be below:

[NFO, parts] (.*?)([ _.-]*(?:cd|dvd|p(?:ar)?t|dis[ck])[ _.-]*[0-9]+)(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$ matched

And output in debug is below:

2020-09-04 02:44:39.864 Debug App: [NFO, parts] (.*?)([ _.-]*(?:cd|dvd|p(?:ar)?t|dis[ck])[ _.-]*[0-9]+)(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$ matched

We can see that PPT name was eaten by the wrong rules.

KIND REGARDS.

photo_2020-09-04_11-30-55.jpg

photo_2020-09-04_13-05-35.jpg

Edited by quatre1love

quatre1love

Hi Luke,

I am waiting for your reply for a week.  But still thanks you decided to solve this problem.

Here is my solution for the current expression, but I can't make sure it is working smooth for all other situations.  Please have a test, if any other problems apperared, do not hesitate to contact me.

(.*[^ _.-])([ _.-]*(?:cd|dvd|p(?:ar)?t|dis[ck])[ _.-]*\d{1,2}(?=[^\d]))(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$

photo_2020-09-11_14-02-27.jpg

quatre1love

PPT-045_118ppt000045-part1.mp4

PPT-079_118ppt00079-part1.mp4

Please try these two as the file name.  Sorry for my understand mistake before. 

Ok but those actually have part1 at the end. How is the parsing supposed to know not to merge these as multi-part? This looks like a personalized change based on your file names, no?

quatre1love

The file name is from the original download, it should has 8 hours time length, so it be splited to 3 parts.

I found this problem when I scan them into the new library, that the current emby naming identify expression would identify "PPT" as "part".

Happy2Play
Split video files (file stacking)
The following are default stacking extensions that can be added to file names. # can be 1 through 9 or A through D. Stacking is supported for video files (but only when each video is in its own folder as in the example below) as well as dvd and blu-ray folder structures.

part#
cd#
dvd#
pt#
disk#
disc#

So you are saying Emby is using pt# from the Naming instead of the trailing -part#?

quatre1love
25 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Split video files (file stacking)
The following are default stacking extensions that can be added to file names. # can be 1 through 9 or A through D. Stacking is supported for video files (but only when each video is in its own folder as in the example below) as well as dvd and blu-ray folder structures.

part#
cd#
dvd#
pt#
disk#
disc#

So you are saying Emby is using pt# from the Naming instead of the trailing -part#?

Yes Happy2Play, your understand is correct.  This is the problem I met.

quatre1love
21 hours ago, Luke said:

Ok but those actually have part1 at the end. How is the parsing supposed to know not to merge these as multi-part? This looks like a personalized change based on your file names, no?

Hi Luke,

I hope you read the reply from Happy2Play, his explanation is more understandable.

Did you do any test and how is it going?

quatre1love
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

I haven't had a chance to circle back to it yet. Thanks.

May I know, do you welling to work out this bug? when it can be fixed?

• 2 months later...
paranoidkev
On 9/12/2020 at 9:08 AM, quatre1love said:

PPT-045_118ppt000045-part1.mp4

PPT-079_118ppt00079-part1.mp4

Please try these two as the file name.  Sorry for my understand mistake before. 

I love this actress :)  

I started using Emby recently for this "genre".  I ended up just merging all of these split files.  Ended up much nicer than split files.

Edited by paranoidkev