Video stops at certain parts of a video unless I skip forward watching from a browser

Video stops at certain parts of a video unless I skip forward watching from a browser, occurs in all browsers - Chrome, Edge, Firefox at the same parts of the video.

This has happened to me on multiple videos.  My network is fully wired, so I don't think it's a bandwidth issue.

Emby server is running on my QNAP NAS. 

The video random "Stops", clicking play does not nothing.  I need to go back and go back into the video and skip forward 10 secs and it's fine again.  Playing straight media files, no transcoding.  Everything seems to work fine from Kodi running on the Nvidia Shield, as it only happens running in a browser.   Running the latest stable version.

Any ideas

cayars

Hi,

That is almost a sure sign you have some type of corruption in some of your files.  Often times you may be able to fix this with a remux of the file but if it's an issue with the actual video or audio stream a remux might not help.

So usually replacing the files (obvious choice) or a remux is the first things to do when this happens.