Reset Scheduled Task Timers?

Netfool
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Netfool
16 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, no, each trigger is independent of the others, including invoking it manually.

Does restarting the server reset the timer?

Netfool

AHA!! Excellent!

So this is a work-around to the problem that generated my feature request for better flexibility in scheduling tasks. 

It's would still be great to be able to schedule library scans on individual libraries rather than having to scan tens of terabytes of library frequently.

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, Netfool said:

It's would still be great to be able to schedule library scans on individual libraries rather than having to scan tens of terabytes of library frequently.

I guess that depends on your setup but one library could still be tens of terrabytes. 

Netfool
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

I guess that depends on your setup but one library could still be tens of terrabytes. 

Sure, but my issue is that I have a library of content that is continuously updated.  From about 5 AM to 9 PM the Channels DVR and HDHR are adding programs to it.  A library scan is needed to make that content visible to the Emby Clients, so that content is in it's own library.  Library scans are expensive on the underpowered Linux box. (That's now my production server because I got tired of having to reinstall the server on the Nvidia Shield Pro).  Running a full scan of all the libraries takes about 2 minutes.  The library that's constantly being filled is only about 100GB (because old programs get pruned) and scans take less than 20 seconds. 

Edited by Netfool

Happy2Play

I'm not familiar with Linux but can't you just run a script to update that library however often you want?

curl -X POST "http://yourserver:8096/emby/Items/{libraryid}/Refresh?Recursive=true&MetadataRefreshMode=Default&ImageRefreshMode=Default&ReplaceAllMetadata=false&ReplaceAllImages=false&api_key={your api key}" -H "accept: */*"