Support fx_cast (Chromecast Support for Firefox)

agottschling

agottschling

Basically the title, but there's a ChromeCast support extension for Firefox, and I'm wondering if you can add support for it (Basically if the extension is installed, load the CC api instead of only loading it if Chrome is detected)

Cheers!

Extension Docs and Info: https://github.com/hensm/fx_cast

agottschling

I have tried it, and sorta works. However I need to fake the user-agent so that Emby calls for the chromecast api to be loaded. Once that happens, it does work for the most part. The dev found a few bugs in his code and I'm waiting for an update to make sure that those issues were resolved. But it'd be nice if I didn't have to fake my user-agent in order to get it to work.

Edited by agottschling

agottschling

As far as I can tell, it adds a 'cast' JavaScript object that works exactly (or almost exactly) like the one baked into Chrome. But I'm not a programmer by trade (I've dabbled a bit, but I'm not very good). The docs on the GitHub seem pretty good from my casual glance at them.

Ok i haven't had a chance to test this myself yet but I'm putting in a change that I think should resolve it for the next release. Thanks.

agottschling

I'll give it a try when the next server update happens and let you know if it works. I'm not running the beta though, will I see something in the change-log to know when the supposed fix is on my server?

agottschling

Hey @Luke, I checked out the online web app today and it still doesn't call for the cast api unless the user-agent had Chrome in it. Has that update hit the app yet?

Cheers!

It has yes. It's checking for the chrome global variable. If that's not there we'll need some way of detecting it.