proxy reverse pour DS418play

titpunch

titpunch

Bonjour,

désolé je sais que lesujet est abordé à mainte reprise mais je ne trouve que des bribe de renseignement et je n'arrive pas à m'en sortir

j'ai fait les réglages pour me connecter à mon nas sans soucis

mais pour accéder à emby en https c'est une autre histoire

déjà pour rediriger les port, mon routeur ne veut pas le faire pour des port inférieur à15000, j'ai donc ouvert un port spécifique pour remplacer le 8920 (et j'ai changé les valeur dans la section réseau emby)

j'ai entendu parler des port 443 et 80 mais je ne sais pas à quoi ils correspondent

pour info dans le synology j'ai désactivé le dhcp, est-ce que j'ai bien fait?

Est-ce que que quelqu'un aurait la patience de m'aider svp? 😀

merci d'avance

Hello,

Port 80 is the normal non secured (no SSL) port used to browse the web.  Port 443 is the SECURED (SSL) port used to browse the web.  Emby can be setup to use these two ports so that web browsers don't need the port entry on the URL.

Emby internally always listens on ports 8096 (non SSL) and port 8920 (SSL) so keep this in mind.  If you want to setup port 15000 for non SSL you would create a port mapping of

WAN external IP port 15000 to Emby Server IP port 8096.  Then in Emby Network menu you fill in the REMOTE non SSL port of 15000.

So your router takes port 15000 and changes the port to 8096 and send this to the Emby Server.  Emby processes the packets, writes the packets so any response goes back to port 15000 (what your router listens to) and everything works.

Does this help?

Carlo

titpunch

Hello,

thanks for your answer ; for this part it's ok for me

i don't have any problem to use 8096 for local utilisation

it's to access with my phone for exemple that i have problems

I need to create to create a ssl certificate but i don't success for theat or use a reverse proxy

for the two case they ask for a domain but I don't know if i can use the domain from my DS418play create by synology

do you knw something about that?

Fabrice

The domain doesn't really have anything to do with the DS418.  This is just the same thing you would do to setup any website or internet access.

You register a domain, the purchase or get a certificate for you domain.  You setup the domain to use your WAN address, setup router port forwarding to the Emby machine.

Then you generate the specific type of SSL cert Emby needs.  Those are the high level steps needed. :)

Actually nothing is unique to Emby expect maybe the 8920 port Emby uses.  Otherwise it's really the same as you would do for any website.

titpunch

So in any case, if i want to access with external connection, i need to create or buy a domain, both for reverse proxy or certificate ssl to secure my external connection?

If you want your remote access to be secured then yes this is the best/easiest way.  If you don't require a secure connection you do not need a domain and can likely use a DDNS service.