No Wake Button After Update

WhiteGuyTranslating

WhiteGuyTranslating

So I was having trouble waking my server from Emby Theater on my Windows systems for the past few days. I can wake the server with no issue using magic packet and MC-WOL application I've used for years now. I thought maybe Windows Update messed something up (I know there was a big .NET patch) so I uninstalled the desktop app and the Windows Store App and reinstalled. Now, from both apps, the Wake Server option is gone. Only Connect and Delete. I've reinstalled the EMBY server software but not a fresh uninstall/reinstall.

Has anyone experienced this yet? I don't mind going back to using the 3rd party application to wake the server but it's really been nice to use just one (why I finally made the switch from WMC to Win10/Emby Theater).

Let me know if this is an issue or somehow (on all three of my machines) just my problem to figure out.

theater-63734345566.txt

WhiteGuyTranslating

On a hunch, I installed EMBY Theater on my laptop that I had not updated Windows to version 2004. It wakes my server without issue from the app. To clarify - my server and 3 clients are on Win10.1.19041 and it does not wake the server from the app (the button to Wake in the app disappears on a reinstall). However, the Emby app will wake the server from a Windows 10.0.18362 client.

Anyone confirm?

Edited by WhiteGuyTranslating
clarify windows version

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Lee said:

is this resolved? as mine is still not working (the windows theater app) at least it wasn't yesterday..

Yes it was. We'll help you in your own topic. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
WhiteGuyTranslating

Sorry, I've been away from my desk for a while and just got the notification. No, it did not resolve itself. However, I did find a work around that works for me. I created a wake shortcut that I could pin to my taskbar. I then use the windows media center remote software (I forget the name but if pressed I can look it for you) to change the registry keys to assign a button I am not using on the remote to press Windows+1 and it runs the wake command to the server. Then I either Alt+Tab back to Emby and connect to the server if Emby was open or I hit the Windows Media Center button (also mapped via the software) and Emby starts up and logs in automatically.

So, no, whatever Windows did in the update killed the functionality of Emby being able to wake the server when a call process runs on my Win10 clients via Emby Theater (either the App or the .exe). It has not come back, whether I roll back to 19xx or not. It has also not been fixed with a patch in Windows, either. I have another client that I am set on Insider Preview and that one still is unable to function as Emby intended and used to do. I am almost positive this was a permissions "fix" MS put out there as my windows 10 machines all thought they were on Public networks and stopped Network Discover and other things after the v2004 update.

If you'd like help on how to create batch file to run the MC-WOL program, create a functioning desktop shortcut to run it, to pin it to the task bar, and have it all done via WMC-style remote control, I'd be happy to write up how I figured it out with help from Dr. Google. 

• Like 1