Systray App For MB Server as Service

a3gill

a3gill

Hello,

I like the ease of controlling the server from the systray app, is there any chance that it can run alongside a server that is running as a service?

Perhaps a switch in the config file, RunAsService, that would tell the systray app to control a service instance instead of running one as a new process.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Yes i think this is a good idea, but it's not a very high priority. We do accept pull requests though.

a3gill

OK, thanks.

Also, and I am not sure if this is exactly related, but It seems that the web app lost the ability to restart the server when I switched to running as service.

It would be nice to have that. For example, at work and needing a restart instead of having to remote in and restart the Windows service, it would be nice to trigger that from the web app.

Thanks.

Yes, that's disabled, and its' another thing we'd like to be able to do as well. It's not as easy as it seems when running as a service. If some community member can step up and help, it will get done sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

a3gill

Great! I'd be happy to look into it. Work is pretty all-consuming at the moment, but when time frees up a little I will certainly have a look.

Thanks.

Great. When you're ready to look at code let me know and i'll send you details.

• 2 weeks later...
Starlionblue

I can't code but I'd add my vote to this pair of features. Controlling the service both through SyStray and the dashboard would save me a lot of typing "services.msc".  :D

I've created batch files and shortcuts but since restarting a service requires elevation its all a bit of a PITA.