Music artist metadata - show me more baby!

CathMowr

CathMowr

Aloha,

this guy here with another feature request for more metadata! I already put up a request that got taken down because there was a similar one (very nice, link below and push that like for OP if you want to see it ) and hey, I am back for another one!

Anyways, I was crawling through my artist section and comparing it to the information on MusicBrainz because some info didn't show up. And thats when another thing hit me : We have a lot of really nice data on MB, like the discography of an artist, band members, web links, active status and so on.. Wouldn't it be nice if that info would also show up on emby? It is all already there, hopefully there is a way to impelement it into the emby UI. I personally would love to see this, read it, and be able to visit an artists webpage or social media (ok that not really, but maybe some people do) and get some more vital information just through emby. I already learned a lot about various artists by just clicking through the artists tabs to see if theres data available, and when emby presented some i read it. And thats already frickin great!

Anyways, my 2 cents on this topic.

Keep up the good work guys & gals of emby!

• Like 3

Hi, yes there are some great ideas here that we can look at adding. Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...