Deeper control on library access for users and maximum bitrates

jscoys

jscoys

Hello guys!

I'have a special feature I would like to see implemented in MediaBrowser. Hope this is not difficult to implement...

Here's my needs : want to give access to my MediaBrowser to a friend. No problem I've got my dns redirection, so all si working well.

Now... I don't want my friend to see that I own some movies, for some reasons. There are not common links between these movies that I can use to differentiate them, like PG-X or other content filter.

The solution I tried is to create a special windows folder "excludedMovies" to put them into. But with the current library system management in MB I would have to create two different structures :

- Movies 1 (Visible by me only)

- Folder1

- Folder2

- excludedMovies

- Movies 2 (Visible by my friend only)

- Folder1

- Folder2

But to be honest I don't want to manage two different movie structures, that I have to name differently (can't have the same name). Moreover If I want to had more folders i have to edit at two different places...

So I wonder if It's possible to add a deeper library control access into user tab (see picture attached) to be able to not only check or uncheck checkbox at a library structure level, but at folder level? So on the picture we would be able to see windows folders under structures and Check for each the access checkbox. Do you think It could be a good idea and it would be easy to implement?

An other thing : is it possible to put a maximum bitrate allocation for a specific user? Would be appreciate!

post-332-0-65114500-1405785387_thumb.jpg

Beardyname

Just add two different media folders like so :

\\storage\folder1

\\storage\folder2

where Movies Includes both and Movies2 only includes the other one,

I don't really think Mediabrowser should do it at a deeper level than this, (since it's really is a special solution)

Edited by Beardyname

Koleckai Silvestri

I don't think deeper control is needed. If nothing else, you can put a custom rating on the videos you don't want to share and restrict that rating from the friend.

jscoys

Just add two different media folders like so :

\\storage\folder1

\\storage\folder2

where Movies Includes both and Movies2 only includes the other one,

I don't really think Mediabrowser should do it at a deeper level than this, (since it's really is a special solution)

Ok It's the solution I thought about and described. If not possible, will use this option.

I don't think deeper control is needed. If nothing else, you can put a custom rating on the videos you don't want to share and restrict that rating from the friend.

Using ratings is not a great idea. I need this to block some contents for my son's account. It could be dangerous to modify this information.