[Solved] Emby library not showing new content

gismo33

gismo33

Hello,

i got a problem: I recently added new movies into the library folder, but they dont appear in the emby library.
i am running emby BETA 4.5.0.20 on linux/ubuntu.

Attachment emby_log_1.txt

• fresh restart of emby service and than run a manual libary scan

Attachment emby_log_2.txt

• For Testing i removed some movie-folders from library and re-scan the library in emby. The log shows a lot of errors that the path cannot be found (System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path). I dont know is that is the indented behaviour.

(I replaced some personal information in the log files)

I seems like the scrap process is terminated by an error before new content will be added to library.

Thanks in advance for your help

emby_log_1.txt emby_log_2.txt

Edited by gismo33

gismo33
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please go over an example? What isn't showing?

Hello,

i have multiple libraries in emby, one is called "tv series", one is called "movies" and other one "new movies". The library "tv series" and "new movies" are working fine (if i copy a new movie into the folder or delete one movie the emby-library detects that. For e.g. i find something like that in the log:

2020-08-24 19:58:36.722 Info App: Deleting path /var/lib/emby/metadata/library/14/14a292d9ec6c398fdfda797704c40180

2020-08-24 19:58:36.774 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Trailer, Name: Iron Man 3, Path: /path/new_movies/Iron Man 3 (2013)/...., Id: 422025

If i add new content to the folder/libary of "movies" and re-scan it, the log in doesnt show any information about finding a new element. So to answer your question: Every new movie i copy to the folder-library doesnt get identified by emby (i cant find it via search nor is it listed under "lastet movies"). Furthermore If i instead delete and existing movie in "movies" and re-scan with emby i dont get similar log entries like above for "new_movies", but i get errors like below (and i still find the movie with emby search):

2020-08-24 19:58:26.953 Error BaseItem: Error refreshing owned items for /path/movies/96 Hours (2008)/96 Hours (2008).mkv

*** Error Report ***

Version: 4.5.0.20

Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb

Operating system: Linux version 5.4.41-1-pve (build@pve) (gcc version 8.3.0 (Debian 8.3.0-6)) #1 SMP PVE 5.4.41-1 (Fri, 15 May 2020 15:06:08 +0200)

Framework: .NET Core 3.1.6

OS/Process: x64/x64

Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll

Processor count: 10

Data path: /var/lib/emby

Application path: /opt/emby-server/system

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/path/movies/96 Hours (2008)'.

at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound)

at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init()

at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)

at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)

at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive)

at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path)

at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.RefreshMetadata(MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Source: System.IO.FileSystem

TargetSite: IntPtr CreateDirectoryHandle(System.String, Boolean)

2020-08-24 20:19:14.448 Error HttpServer: Error processing request

*** Error Report ***

Version: 4.5.0.20

Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb

Operating system: Linux version 5.4.41-1-pve (build@pve) (gcc version 8.3.0 (Debian 8.3.0-6)) #1 SMP PVE 5.4.41-1 (Fri, 15 May 2020 15:06:08 +0200)

Framework: .NET Core 3.1.6

OS/Process: x64/x64

Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll

Processor count: 10

Data path: /var/lib/emby

Application path: /opt/emby-server/system

System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.SharpCifsFileSystem.IsEnabledForPath(String path)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, Boolean isAsync)

at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.SaveImage(BaseItem item, String source, ReadOnlyMemory`1 mimeType, ImageType type, Nullable`1 imageIndex, Nullable`1 saveLocallyWithMedia, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetLazyImage(String key, BaseItem item, ImageType type, Int32 imageIndex, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ConvertImageToLocal(BaseItem item, ItemImageInfo image, Int32 imageIndex, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.ProcessImage(ImageProcessingOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.GetImage(ImageRequest request, Int64 itemId, BaseItem item, Boolean isHeadRequest)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Source: Emby.Server.Implementations

TargetSite: Boolean IsEnabledForPath(System.String)

Edited by gismo33

mastrmind11
18 hours ago, gismo33 said:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path

check the permissions of the /movies directory.  they're incorrect.

You can learn more in our file permissions guide:

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

gismo33

Hello,

i am a bit late but you were right, it was a linux permission problem. But what i found weird though is that only two new added movies ("/path/movies/new movie 1/" and "/path/movies/new movie 2/" ) got false permissions and emby was not able to detect other new movies with correct permissions. So it seems like the scan-for-new-content-process abroad entirely if only one not readable folder/movie is found inside the main library folder.

Anyway you can close this thread. Thanks for your help.

• 2 years later...
KenLinder
On 8/25/2020 at 2:03 AM, gismo33 said:

We have the same problem in Win 7 Pro 64. For some reason EMBY does freaky things to permissions in Windows (and it has no need to change them).

It's only ever EMBY & as far as I know there no simple way to fix those your permissions in WIN7. Essentially once EMBY corrupts the permissions your screwed and you have to recreate your entire media library WITHOUT "moving" any files (you must use copy) because a "drag and drop" move operation will take the permissions too. After doing this you no longer have any metadata!! Given that EMBY finds the right stuff about 30% to 50% of the time and the rest it is ALL manual entry - this sucks ass. Every time  I have to do this I lose weeks to fixing my metadata.